Tuesday, July 1, 2014

June in Review

Happy July!! 

Whoa. Typing that I just realized that HALF the year is OVER. How did that happen?! Seems like I'm going to blink, and it will be 2015. There are still quite a few things we want to do this year, so we'll probably need to really start kicking it up a notch.

But not to get down about the things still left to do this year, here are a few highlights from June.

The most exciting thing I did was fly back to MN to surprise my niece at her graduation party. I still can't believe she's 18 already.


Jeff and I went hiking on Mt Charleston,

Hiking Bristlecone Loop | Las Vegas, NV

started training for Jeff's first Half Marathon,

and walked a 5k. The Sprinkler Sprint.

Sprinkler Sprint 2014 | Las Vegas, NV

Oh, yeah, and I announced my birthday celebration challenge. JOIN ME!!

#ETCStreaks Birthday Challenge | enjoyingthecourse.com

I also tried iced tea for the first time. And stevia. I'm sold on both.
And the winner of the Summer Fit Kit giveaway is ... Jill Conyers!

So. Yeah. It was a pretty fantastic month!!

Halfway through the year? Let's check in on those 2014 goals.

Individual Goals

Fitness goals - Run Faster and Train Harder
It was a pretty good month for training harder, but not so much with the running faster. It's been H-O-T here! Plus Jeff and I started training for the half together, and since it's his first half, there really hasn't been much time for speed work.

Blogging goals
I'm happy to report that after quite a bit of work in June, I saw growth across all my social channels and with my blog readership. Yay!

Goals with Jeff

Run a Triathlon. Still haven't signed up for anything, but we have started swimming a bit as cross training for our half marathon plan.

Read 3 books together. I'm thinking this is going to be a wintertime thing. Or maybe fall.

New in 2014. We tried a new (to us) restaurant. I Love Burgers. It was delicious!

New in 2014 | Enjoying the Course


Enriching Activities. We checked off another Outdoor Activity this month when we went hiking Bristlecone Loop.

2014 Enriching Activities | Enjoying the Course


What was your biggest highlight from June?
How are you doing with your 2014 goals?

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

7 comments:

  1. I can't believe it is July already either! It's going by so quickly. Great month. I love the family picture on the hike. I'm making some progress on my 2014 goals and hopefully will hit most of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so wonderfully satisfying when we hit our goals. Good luck to you!

      Delete
  2. I know, this year has really flown by.

    I love how you are making the effort to meet your goals and holding yourself accountable. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy how quickly this year is flying by! I like to make my annual goals fun, so that I enjoy holding myself accountable. :-)

      Delete
  3. I can't believe it's July!! June was gone in the blink of an eye! Thanks for the giveaway. I just sent you my address :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turtle speed is definitely better than zero speed. :-) Good luck at your new job!!

    ReplyDelete