Sunday, July 13, 2014

What's for Dinner? Week of 7/13

Have you joined my birthday streak party, yet!? No? What are you waiting for? :-) There are some great prizes up for grabs, and I'd love to have you party with me. You can run or yoga or whatever gets you moving every day!

#HalfTrainingWithJeff Update Well, we are still pretty confident that we'll conquer the half marathon. We attempted a nighttime run last night to prepare for the midnight race. It was TOUGH! I'd been up since 6AM with just a short nap from 8:30-9:30PM. Probably wasn't the smartest idea. Also, not sure what we ate during the day, but we were both having some tummy issues. And it was HOT. All in all, not a very good recipe for success on this run. We ended up only running 4 miles - instead of the 9 on our training plan.

Good news! At least our lighting situation is all set. We tested out our configuration, and it worked great. Yay!!

We have one more long run on the schedule before the pricing increases for the ET Marathon races. So, one more long run before we have to make the decision of sticking to the half or dropping to a 10k. I'll be good either way. :)

Weekly Workouts
Sunday, 7/6 - 1 mile (10:37). LBD Challenge Day 23 - 40 bridges/40 squats/40 lunges. Yoga.
Monday, 7/7 - 1.35 miles (14:55). Swimming laps (11:45). Yoga.
Tuesday, 7/8 - 3 miles (35:39). Yoga.
Wednesday, 7/9 - 2.15 miles (22:52). Yoga.
Thursday, 7/10 - 3 miles (36:59). Yoga. Abs Day 1 - 15 sit-ups, 5 crunches, 5 leg raises, 10 sec plank.
Friday, 7/11 - 2 miles (20:00). Yoga. Abs Day 2 - 20 sit-ups, 8 crunches, 8 leg raises, 12 sec plank.
Saturday, 7/12 - Swimming laps (20:12). Abs Day 3 - 25 sit-ups, 10 crunches, 10 leg raises, 15 sec plank. Yoga. 4 miles (54:33).


30 Day LBD Challenge Update - So, yeah. I only did one more day of this challenge before calling it quits. The thought of doing 50 burpees was simply too much for me. :( Instead I took a few days off and then started a new 30 Day Challenge...

30 Day Abs Challenge Update - My tummy is the area I'm most uncomfortable with. Isn't everyone? And yes, I know that abs are made in the kitchen. blah, blah, blah. Still I wanted to try out this challenge to see if I could see any improvements. Here is my pic from Day 1.

#30daychallenge Abs Challenge Day 1 | enjoyingthecourse.com

Measurements:
Waist - 32.25 inches
Belly - 37.5 inches
Hips - 49.5 inches

Wish me luck!


What's Next? I know I already mentioned it, but we're one week into my birthday streak! 37 days of running or 37 days of yoga or 37 days of a combination of both. Please pop on over to my party post to register and start streaking with me. Right now there are some fun prizes from Cocogo, Proud Runner, Detour Protein Bars, Bondi Band, and a Yoga Stretch Strap.

Join My Birthday Party - Your Choice: Run Streak or Yoga Streak | enjoyingthecourse.com


What's for Dinner next week?  We got a TON of romaine lettuce in this week's Bountiful Basket. Seriously, like 4 heads. Plus a head of cabbage, too. So, you can probably guess what's going to be on our menu this week. I did try to find some recipes to spruce up the salads a bit, so there's that at least. :)

What's for Dinner? Week of 7/13

Breakfast:
Smoothies
Toast with homemade apricot jam from a co-worker

Lunch/Dinner:
Fried Chicken
Vegan Tomato Salad with Cucumber, Avocado, Cilantro, and Lime
BLT Pasta Salad
Broccoli, Apple, and Almond Salad (prepped on Saturday. yay!)
Chipotle Chicken Taco Salad
Turkey and Bacon Lettuce Wraps (except with chicken)
Crispy Herb Roasted Potato Wedges

Snacks:
Smoothie pops
Apple Caramel Cinnamon Cake
Celery/Carrot sticks with ranch or french dressing
Peaches and yogurt

Prep:
Apple Caramel Cinnamon Cake
Cook/Shred chicken for wraps

What's on your menu for the week? 
Are you streaking with me?
When you do you start celebrating your birthday?

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

11 comments:

  1. All your eats sound and look so delicious. I love people that do running streaks. Unfortunately for me, streaks have proven to be bad for injuries. But good luck with it and the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Thanks for stopping by! You're right. Streaking's not for everyone, but you can still join the party. Just run or do yoga as many days as you can. :-)

      Delete
  2. Your salads look delicious!! I'll be stealing a few to spice up our salad nights. We have a few things coming up that we want to pack dinner for and salads are always a good option for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I love a good salad, but this week might be overload. Lol.

      Delete
  3. Your food looks delicious.
    I am the worst with monthly challenges. I always fail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are generally difficult for me, too, but with my birthday coming up, I'm very motivated. :-)

      Delete
  4. Stronger abs = stronger runner. :-) Glad to hear you're doing well on the streak. Don't forget to enter to win one of the prizes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great workout week and a yummy menu as always. I'm definitely a morning person especially with running. Night runs throw off my whole day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to be a morning runner as well. That's why I'm forcing myself to run my long runs around midnight to prepare for the midnight race on my birthday. As I found out on Saturday, it's going to be tough.

      Delete
  6. I'm streaking! I'm still going strong with the combo!

    ReplyDelete