Sunday, July 20, 2014

What's for Dinner? Week of 7/20

Hope you all are enjoying your weekend! Mine has been great - filled with physical challenges of training for races and recovery from those challenges. LOL.

#HalfTrainingWithJeff Update

In the wee hours of the morning (started around midnight), we went for our long run. 10 miles. Automatic PR for Jeff. :)

#HalfTrainingWithJeff 3 weeks to ET (half) Marathon

He is still struggling with a lot of pain in his lower legs (mostly right), but the 3:3 intervals are working for him/us. He is still determined to run a half, so while we haven't discussed it since getting home around 3AM from our run, that is mostly likely what we're going to do.

Originally, I had scheduled to run 11 miles next weekend, 12 after that, and then it's race weekend. After last night's run though, we've decided that he feels confident enough in making it through 13.1, but we're going to need to incorporate more REST to prepare. This was now our last long run before the race. We'll do 6 miles next Sunday (at midnight), and then totally rest the Sunday before the race.

We'll still do some shorter runs (3 miles) during the week, but his leg is going to need more rest to feel better on race day.

Weekly Workouts

Sunday, 7/13 - 1 mile (9:25). Abs Day 4 - REST. Yoga.
Monday, 7/14 - Abs Day 5 - 30 sit-ups, 12 crunches, 12 leg raises, 20 sec plank. 1 miles (10:41). Yoga.
Tuesday, 7/15 - Abs Day 6 - 35 sit-ups, 15 crunches, 15 leg raises, 25 sec plank. 1 mile (10:35). Yoga.
Wednesday, 7/16 - 3 miles (38:32). Yoga. Forgot the abs challenge!
Thursday, 7/17 - Abs Day 8 - 40 sit-ups, 20 crunches, 20 leg raises, 30 sec plank. 1 mile (10:19). Yoga.
Friday, 7/18 - Abs Day 9 - 45 sit-ups, 30 crunches, 30 leg raises, 38 sec plank. 1 miles (10:14). Yoga.
Saturday, 7/19 - 250m swimming (25:00). 1 mile (14:52). Abs Day 10 - 50 sit-ups, 50 crunches, 30 leg raises, 38 sec plank. Yoga.

30 Day Abs Challenge Update

Sometimes I feel like the problem with abs work is that I build up muscle under my layer of fat, which pushes out the fat, and I ended up feeling more fat. Thank goodness for before/after pics! It's not much, but I do feel like I can see a very small improvement. :)

#30dayfitness Abs Challenge Day 10 | enjoyingthecourse.com
Measurements:
Waist - 32 inches (down 0.78%)
Belly - 37.5 inches (down 1.33%)
Hips - 40.75 inches Last week's number was clearly a typo, because there is simply no way I lost 8.75 inches around my hips!! Obviously, the above pictures would look a LOT different, so I'll be using Day 10 as a starting point for the Hips measurement.


What's Next?

There are still 22 days left of my birthday streak! You can still join the party and start streaking with me! Fun prizes include gifts from Cocogo, Proud Runner, Detour Protein Bars, Bondi Band, and a Yoga Stretch Strap.

Join My Birthday Party - Your Choice: Run Streak or Yoga Streak | enjoyingthecourse.com

3 weeks until the ET (half) Marathon. It's the half behind the #HalfTrainingWithJeff AND my birthday race this year. If you're looking for a fun race in a few weeks, feel free to join us as we run along the Extraterrestrial Highway with a Full Moon lighting our way. Hope we see some UFOs!

What's for Dinner next week?

We're still swimming in romaine lettuce, so we should probably have more salads on our list this week, but to be honest, we're kind of salad-ed out. They're OK for lunch, but tough to eat for both lunch AND dinner on the same day. I've even been adding it to my morning smoothies!

What's for Dinner? Week of 7/20
Breakfast:
Egg Muffins
Mini Maple Chocolate Chip Pancake Muffins
Smoothies

Lunch/Dinner:
BLT Pasta Salad
Turkey and Bacon Lettuce Wraps (except with chicken)
Crock Pot Lasagna
Salsa Rice and Red Beans
Green salad

Snacks:
Apple Caramel Cinnamon Cake
Celery/Carrot sticks and/or pita chips with Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip
Apples and peanut butter

Prep:
Apple Caramel Cinnamon Cake
Avocado Dip
Cut carrot sticks
Fry bacon
Egg Muffins
Pancake Muffins

Ooh! That's a lot of prep for me for one day! I better get to it.

What's on your menu for the week? 
Any fun and interesting ways to use up an abundance of romaine lettuce?

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

9 comments:

  1. I definitely see progress- way to go! And wow, starting out a run at midnight? I cannot imagine my body functioning at that time of night... I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura! Running at midnight is definitely different. When I decided to run the ET Half Marathon, I didn't really think about how difficult running at midnight would be. I thought it would be a piece of cake, but have discovered it takes some training - as I'm usually a morning runner.

      Delete
  2. How cool that you did your long run at midnight! That sounds like fun! I'm looking forward to hearing how Jeff does. I hope his legs do ok!
    I feel the same way when I do ab work, I feel like it's useless! But you're doing great!
    I had great intentions of doing your streak...sigh...
    And now that I have to take a week off of running, I can't join back in. Oh well, maybe next time, if you do it again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Running at midnight isn't nearly as fun as I'd hoped. :( But it will be fun to run this race with Jeff.
      I've still got 20 more days left of this abs challenge, and a LOT more exercises to do, but I'm hoping to still see more improvement.
      You can still do as much of the streak as you can - even if you can run every day. :)

      Delete
  3. Is the avocado dip your recipe and is it on your blog? Sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jill! No it's a recipe I found on Pinterest, but forgot to add the link. I haven't tried it before, so I'll likely make changes to the recipe, but the link is up above now.

      Delete
  4. Lots of delicious prep, pancake muffins sound heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up only getting two of things on my prep list completed. :(

      Delete
  5. Thanks, Karen! I'm hoping after 20 more days, I'll really see good improvement in my core area. Great job to you for adding more core as well, and Yay! for doing my streak with me. :) Except that one sick day. That's just no fun.

    ReplyDelete