Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Project: I AM ENOUGH

If you read my post Sunday, you'll know that I was in a bit of a funk.

I was beating myself up for missing a few workouts.
I was judging myself for not giving what I considered my all.
I was holding myself to some unreasonable standard.

So, when I checked The Fit Switch for this week's prompt for The Fit Dish, I knew it was the perfect topic.

Project: I AM ENOUGH

I know I am not alone in this.

There are days when we just feel fat and not beautiful.

Not good enough.

Not just with our looks, but with our family or friends. Or work. Or housework.

Some days there are just so. many. things.
To do.
To be.

But when it comes right down to it, all we can do is all we can do.

And whatever you do, it is enough.

It really is.

I know. It's difficult to believe and accept at times. I'm right there with you.

Like I said, there are definitely days when I just don't feel like I am enough. And it doesn't matter what anyone else says. My husband. My friends. Strangers on the Internet. :-)

I have to know it and feel it MYSELF.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't continue to encourage each other and compliment each other. And share our stories.

But we -- and I mean I -- need to BE OPEN to actually hearing those people. We need to be willing to accept that we truly are ENOUGH.

We need to keep doing what we're doing, take a step back, and BREATHE.

Now, repeat after me... I am enough. I AM enough! I AM ENOUGH!!

That's all I've got. No answers. No magic pills. No advice on how to get to the point where you can confidently say the above.

I struggle with it. Some days are harder than others. Some days I own it.

Ultimately, I know it's true. Deep down.  Even on those days when I simply don't accept it.

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

7 comments:

  1. Loved this, every word! So happy you decided to join us. I know the 'in a funk' feeling, I even wrote a post about how to break a funk. (just search it in my sidebar) I like how you pointed out that not only is there so much to do, but there is so much to be! They are two different things, and we often forget how the latter affects us, because it's less tangible. Thanks for pointing that out. We are enough. You are enough. : ) I LOVE your blog. You are so unique, fun, and honest. So lucky to be friends. : ) #fitfamlove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica! I really appreciate you saying that I am unique, fun, and honest. I try to bring all that to my blog. :)

      Delete
  2. Some days it's so hard to see and believe out enoughness! It's there. I promise. Just keep telling yourself I am enough especially on those hard days. So happy to have you join Jess and I in the #fitfam. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jill. We all just need the reminders sometimes. And we need them to come from within. Thanks to you and Jess for hosting these weekly link-ups. Love them!

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much, Karen! We'll stay afloat together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it is hard to remind ourselves on those hard days, UGH but we are a work in process! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Mary Beth! We ARE Enough. :) Even when we need reminders.

      Delete