Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Our first visitors!

Our first visitors are set to fly in Saturday evening. We haven't seen my parents since we left MN 16 months ago, so I'm very excited to see them again and show them where we live.

They've both been to Vegas before, but hopefully we'll be able to show them around from a more local perspective.

I'm sure we'll still do the typical Vegasy things.

Like walk around the Strip.

Las Vegas Strip

And visit Downtown Vegas and the Fremont Street Experience.

Downtown Las Vegas

We're also hoping to take them to see the Hoover Dam. This is the one thing my dad said he wanted to do.

Hoover Dam

I also really want to take them hiking in Red Rock Canyon. I've not been yet, and it's something I've wanted to do since we got here.

Red Rock Hiking

I'll have to do a little research on which trail(s) to set out on. I'm a sucker for a waterfall, so I'm very tempted to have us do the First Creek Waterfall trail.

Maybe we'll hit up a show or go to a museum. I bet my dad would love the Mob Museum or the Old Las Vegas Mormon Fort.

Oh, yes, and I'm going to try to schedule a tour of the Review Journal, too. I've worked there for over a year and never got the tour, so I figured this would be the perfect excuse. I need to remember to ask my co-worker about this.

I'm going to try to take lots of pics of our adventures while they're in town, for those of you who can't come visit. Disclaimer: None of the pics in this post are mine; I found them all on Google images.

If you're local to Vegas, what are your go-to things to show off to your visitors?
If you've visited Vegas, what are your favorite things to see and do while you're here?


Other ways to follow Enjoying the Course:
Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Pinterest → clarindad

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

6 comments:

  1. Fun! Wow it's been a long time since you have seen your parents. Red Rock canyon is amazing! That is definitely a must:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, Red Rock was closed due to the govt shutdown, so we hiked in Valley of Fire instead. It was beautiful. Have you been?

      Delete
  2. You hit the couple of the things I want to do on my next Vegas visit - Red Rock Canyon and the Hoover Dam. You'll have a great time no matter what, and I'm sure they are going to enjoy the more local perspective!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had such a fabulous time! We didn't make it to Red Rock (closed b/c of shutdown), but we discovered Valley of Fire instead. Amazing!

      Delete
  3. I never been to Vegas but Allan has been three times and keeps telling me I need to go soon!

    ReplyDelete