Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Two on Tuesday 10/8

Just a little randomness...

1) ♫ The other night I had the strangest dream.
I sailed away to China.
In a little rowboat to find ya.
You said you had to get the laundry clean. ♫

Props if you know the song.

But seriously, the other night, I did have a strange dream. I was spectating at a triathlon. I was SO tempted to do it (and a little sad I wasn't). I've never wanted to do a triathlon, but I awoke thinking maybe it was a sign.

Jeff is not a runner, but I could probably convince him to train for a tri with me.

Something to think about for 2014. First I've got to get through marathon training. :-)

2) Let it be known that I am ALWAYS cold at work. This has been my plight since my very first post-HS job.

Normally, I don't say anything. I just am sure to always have a sweater handy. Unfortunately, my current desk is practically right under a vent.

Again, no complaints from me.

Until this morning.

Other people had been complaining yesterday, and when I walked in this morning, I could hear the vent blowing much louder than before. I went to find a maintenance man to see if anything could be done, and maybe why the fan kicked on today.

A guy came by and fiddled with a dial. Then we had this conversation.

Him: Do you feel like it's bouncing off the wall and hitting you or does it feel like it's coming directly from the vent.

Me: Directly from the vent.

Him: Well I could close the vent cover. Do you have a long stick?

Me, thinking/laughing inside:  Sure. Let me just pull one out of my desk drawer.

He then proceeded to try and pick up the metal coat track.

Him: Oh that's too heavy.

Me, thinking/shaking my head: You think.

On a positive note, he did eventually find something to shut the cover, and someone else did something to slow the fan.

Yay!

What randomness are you enjoying today?

Other ways to follow Enjoying the Course:
Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Pinterest → clarindad

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

No comments:

Post a Comment