Monday, October 7, 2013

Marathon Monday #10


Certainly not a perfect week of training, but I'm still pretty happy with how it all turned out in the end.

The PlanThe Reality
Mon, 9/3022 w/ Sallie
Yoga
Tue, 10/15
Hills
--
Wed, 10/2RESTREST
Thu, 10/35
Speed
Fri, 10/4REST
Bike commuted
Sat, 10/51616.5
Sun, 10/6REST
REST
TOTAL28
23.5

I'm not sure what it is about my Tuesday runs, but I've skipped them the past couple of weeks. Do I dread hills that much?

In reality, I probably do. My run on Saturday included several pedestrian bridges, which are essentially man-made hills. I find that I slow down both UP and DOWN the hill. Ugh! Why can't I be a normal runner and speed up on the downhills??

I finally dusted my bike off last week, and actually rode it to/from work one day. I'm shooting for 3 days this week. Fingers crossed.

I also did a little bit of strength training with yoga on Monday and abs on Thursday. Need to do more, but at least I didn't skip it all together this week.

Up this week? Really just more of the same. At least after this past Saturday, I'm feeling a bit better about running in Vegas. I found a running path/trail that I like!

How do you deal with hill training? Love it or hate it?


Other ways to follow Enjoying the Course:
Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Pinterest → clarindad

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

No comments:

Post a Comment