Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!!

I'm veering from my training plan today, and taking a full-on rest day. Truth be told, my left quad has been bothering me for the past few weeks. I tried ignoring it and working through it, but it's not getting any better. I started icing it after my last couple of weeks, but I think it needs a little more rest.

Now, my right shin is tweaking a bit, and I think I bruised my big toe on my right foot. It hurts a LOT. I'm kind of afraid to remove the nail polish.

On top of all that, I've been having some very annoying breathing problems. It's not painful. More uncomfortable. It's nothing really new; it comes and goes. This stint has been going on for about a week or so now, but I do think it's starting to get better. Yay!

So... I think a true rest day is in order!

Enough whining.

It's Halloween!!

No big Halloween plans for us. Other than my hill-o-ween workout, which I did yesterday, I'm going to try to join Runnersluck for #HalloYogaWeen on Instagram. You should join us, too!!

Since I don't really celebrate, I thought I'd answer a few fun questions instead. Last week, Helen from What Happened Next nominated me for a Liebster Award. I was actually nominated last year as well, but these questions from Helen were fun, so here goes.

  1. Which country would you choose to live if you had to leave your current home country? The obvious answer would be Belize, since that is where Jeff and I were headed when we ended up in Vegas. But if we could really choose, we'd love to live on an island in the Mediterranean or the Caribbean.
  2. What habit would you like to break? I'd love to not throw my clothes on the floor. And just be neater overall.
  3. What's the most physically demanding activity you've ever done? Run a marathon. Actually, train for a marathon would be more accurate. :)
  4. Would you rather be in trouble with your Boss, your partner or your Mother? I'd rather be trouble with my partner. I think it would be easier to get out of that trouble. If you know what I mean. ;)
  5. What's the best vacation you've ever taken? Costa Rica Jan 2011. It was beautiful and a fun adventure. I never blogged about it, but there are some Facebook albums, if you're interested: Arenal Volcano and Nosara.
  6. What was the last single-item purchase over $100 you made? Honestly, I have no idea. I have so much difficulty spending money, so I usually leave the bigger purchases to Jeff. :)
  7. What's your favourite comfort food? Pizza! Maybe that's not comfort food, but I do love it! And it makes me happy.
  8. What intimidates you? Talking on the phone. I hate it. I mean really hate it! Even talking to my parents or my husband. The phone makes me so nervous.
  9. What historical event would you most like to witness? This is a really difficult question. There are so many events I'd want to witness. Like a fly on the wall, not actually experiencing them. But all the ones that first came to mind were so heart-wrenchingly sad. I'm not sure I'd even be able to handle being a bystander. All that said, I guess I'd like to see the construction of the Egyptian Pyramids. 
  10. If you had a 60-second dash, unlimited shopping spree, which store would you choose to be in?! Ooh! Definitely a clothing store. I think it would be easiest to grab a bunch of stuff in a smaller boutique type store. Maybe NY&C.
Thanks for including me, Helen! That was really fun!!!

Technically, I'm supposed to nominate some blogs for the award, but since I did that last year I have to get ready for work, feel free to consider yourself nominated! You can answer these 10 questions from Helen or share 10 random things about yourself.

What are your plans for Halloween?
Am I the only one who doesn't get into it?


Other ways to follow Enjoying the Course:
Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy the rest day! Hope you get some relief from your aches and pains :(
    Funny, I can't remember the last thing I purchased that was over $100 either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've got two more long runs, and then TAPER! I'm actually looking forward to that, but first I need to get through these last long runs. :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for joining in Clarinda! I think you've answered my exact answers for Q's 3, 4 & 8!! And I only remember what the last $100 purchase was because it's a pair of boots I've ordered and am picking up in the States tomorrow morning as we go on a little cross-border adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! How fun. :) Hope you enjoyed your cross-border adventure!!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for joining my #HalloYogaWeen challenge!! :) It wasn't a huge success but it was fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete