Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy 2014!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

This morning I slept in, played on my phone, ran 3ish miles, did this workout, did my 1 sun salutation and hit the pool.

Phew! Gotta love days off work. 

So, the year is off to a good sweaty start.


I didn't do so well with my goals in 2013, but here's to starting over in 2014!

Individual Goals

Run Faster. Yes, this is a repeat from 2013, but this year, I WILL get that sub-25.
How? I plan to achieve this by running consistently all year long AND incorporating speed work 1-2 times/week.

Train Harder. Yep. Another repeat. I really want to focus on my arms and my abs this year.

How? I'd like to incorporate arm/ab specific workouts 3x per week. If you have any that you love, let me know! Otherwise, I'll head to Pinterest and FitSugar for inspiration. :)

Blogger smarter. This includes blogging regularly and upping my social media game. I hope you'll continue to join me. :)
How? Themes and an editorial calendar. I've already got the themed posts marked on the calendar. :)
Monday Listicles. I did these quite a bit in 2012 and the beginning of 2013, but then pretty much stopped altogether. I miss them, so they're coming back! Stasha is the host over at The good life.
Tuesday's Tips. This one isn't a linky, but something I'm doing on my own. I'll share tips about blogging, social media, cool apps I've found on my phone or maybe running tips or fitness tips or tips around the house. It'll be really open to whatever I want.
Fitness Fridays. I've done a few of these in the past, but never very consistently. I'll be linking up with Jill for my weekly workouts + motivation or whatever else is on my mind that's fitness-related.
Menu planning on Sundays. We tend to eat better if I go into the week with a plan, so that's my plan for 2014. I'll be linking up with Laura and Jill for this to not only hold me accountable, but also to get inspiration.
That leaves Wed, Thurs, and Sat for random posts. :) Towards the end of each month, I'll check in with a Month-in-Review post.

That's it for my individual goals.


Goals with Jeff

Complete a triathlon. Not sure when or where, but this is something that Jeff and I want to train for together. I love to run, like to bike, and hate swimming. Jeff loves to swim, likes biking, and hates running.
How? TOGETHER! Once we decide on a triathlon, I'm sure I'll come up with a training schedule for us to follow, but I think that if we're training together, we'll be more likely to accomplish this together.

Read 3 books together. We watch a LOT of TV/Movies, and it would be nice to spend some evenings reading together. We did this before in 2012 and had a lot of fun with it!
How? No specific plans on this - other than buying the books and making it happen. :) Pretty sure we're going to read the Pegasus series by Anne McCaffrey.

Do at least 1 NEW thing a month. We're leaving this pretty vague intentionally. It could be something as simple as a new restaurant or something more extreme.

Complete a checklist of enriching activities. We're hoping to do 3 activities in 4 different categories - cultural activities, outdoor activities, volunteering, and new restaurants.

There may be some overlap with the New Things and the Enriching Activities. So, if our new thing in January fits one of the enriching activities, that's OK.

By the end of the year, we'll have these filled out with snapshots of all the fun we had during the year! As we do things, we'll insert pictures into each of the little squares.



In other news, check out this cool logo Jeff designed for my blog!


I asked him to design me something that epitomizes my blog's theme of Enjoying the Course. I love how he incorporated running and all the different types of scenery seen on my runs. I love it!

How's your 2014 starting out?
Did you make any goals or resolutions?

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

5 comments:

  1. Yay! Let's do this together! The keeping it up is always the tricky part! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! I love the logo design...very cool! You have some great goals for the year, especially doing a triathlon with your husband! Wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janelle! If all goes well, it should be one exciting year!! :)

      Delete
  3. It looks like you have an adventurous year ahead. I like your blogging schedule. I need to blog more consistently, as well. I think a schedule is the way to build consistency. Stopping by from SITSgirls today. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heidi! It's my first year really trying out a blogging schedule. I'm excited about it - and all the other adventures.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete