Monday, March 31, 2014

March in Review

Unlike January and February, March really seemed to FLY BY!! Seriously, it seems like I was just writing my February review post. Work continues to be a bit crazy and filled with lots of changes, but somehow this month it really seemed to make the time go so very fast!

Here are a few highlights from the month.

I managed to successfully run 100 miles.
Jeff and I became friends with some of our neighbors.
We watched 3 seasons of Downton Abbey.
I met some friends who were visiting Vegas for brunch and fun on the Strip.
I hit the trails a few times with George.
I tried out a few fitness studios through Yelp's Fit Club.

I feel like I'm forgetting something...

So, let's just check in with my 2014 goals.

Individual Goals

Fitnesss goals - Run Faster and Train Harder
I'm very pleased with my training this month! Like I already mentioned, I ran 100 miles and tried out some fun fitness classes. Unfortunately, I didn't really do much yoga or strength training, but it's really hard to find the time with all the running! 3 weeks until the Mustang Half Marathon and 4 weeks until Ragnar Zion! Maybe after these two races, I'll be able to scale back my running a bit to include more variety of exercise, but right now those are my main focuses.


Blogging goals
Definitely could have done better with this one in March. With running and work and spending time with Jeff, something had to give. And that something turned out to be blogging. :( Hopefully, I'll be a little more consistent in April. I need to take a moment to make a plan before April is over and I've only written handful of posts. :)

Goals with Jeff

Run a Triathlon. We still haven't chosen a tri to do yet, but Jeff did start running in March. We even ran together a couple of times.

Read 3 books together. Well, we got Amazon Prime, so we watched a little too much TV in March. *ahem* Downton Abbey *ahem*

New in 2014 and Enriching Activities. Well, it's the last day of the month, and it's our last chance to get something new in for March, so we'll be hitting up a new restaurant tonight after work to check of our New thing for March as well as one of 3 new restaurants for 2014.

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a great month!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're right! I'm actually feeling pretty good and prepared for my upcoming races. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job hitting 100 miles this month! Good luck in your upcoming half marathon, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Hard to believe it's only 2 weeks away now.

      Delete