Sunday, March 9, 2014

What's for Dinner? Week of 3/9

Wow! Where did this week go? I can't believe I didn't write a single post since Monday. :( I guess it was a busy week.

Probably from all my awesome workouts. LOL. Seriously though, I'm pretty happy with how my week turned out - even though it was a bit of a slow start after last weekend's intense workouts. I seriously was walking SO slowly on Monday it was ridiculous.

Monday - REST

Tuesday - 20 min yoga - Yoga for Runners: Injury Prevention. My quads/legs were still screaming at me from the weekend's fitness class and long run that this yoga video was perfect! It was nice and slow and stretched all the right muscles.

Wednesday - 3.1 miles. 31:08; 10:10 avg pace. My legs were still recovering, so this was much, much slower than February's #5byth5th virtual 5k. I'm talking 4 MINUTES SLOWER! Ugh! I'm not beating myself up about it, though. Hopefully the strength training I'm doing in March will help my 5k time for April. :)

Thursday - 15 min yoga/stretching. No video just a couple sun salutations and some stretching on my own.

Friday - 4.8 miles. 48:05; 10:10 avg pace. Legs were finally starting to feel normal again! Took Sallie with me for the first 1.8 and then went back out for another 3. It was very windy!

Saturday - 6.3 miles. 1:44:51; 16:40 avg pace. Time and mileage is a bit of an estimate, as my watch didn't start right away. I met some new friends, and we headed into Red Rock Canyon to do the White Rock Loop. It was my first time ever going to Red Rock; it's absolutely gorgeous! The trail was fun but tough. Truth be told, we walked most of the first 3.5-4 miles, as it was mostly uphill and exhausting! The final 2.5 miles were amazing, though. Such a fun section of the trail to run!

White Rock Loop | Red Rock Canyon

Immediately after the trail run, I headed to Surf Set Las Vegas for another free class as part of #YelpsFitClub. It was a fun workout. Honestly, it really wasn't as tough as I'd thought it would be. It was tricky finding my balance on the surfboards, but it definitely got easier as the class progressed. We did the class called Blend, which was a combination of cardio and strength.


Sunday - REST

I may have skipped a run or two. I may have decreased my mileage a few days, but I'm pretty happy with the week overall.

Total #FFMarchMiles: 23

This week is going to be a pretty easy week for dinners. We didn't get a Bountiful Basket yesterday, so we don't have a lot of fresh produce in the fridge that needs to be used. Instead, it will be a clean-out-the-freezer type of week.

menu planning

Sunday - Enchilada soup. I never got around to making this yesterday.

Monday - Leftovers

Tuesday - Frozen lasagna with garlic bread

Wednesday - Beans and rice (from the freezer) burritos

Thursday - Leftovers. Probably more burritos or leftover enchilada soup.

Friday - French bread pizza with a side of edamame.

Saturday - TBD

I'm linking up with Laura over at Mommy Run Fast and Jill at Fitness, Health, & Happiness. Go check out what everyone else is cooking up this week.

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

11 comments:

  1. It was a busy week here too - I haven't posted since last Monday either! Thanks for the yoga recommendation! I am going to try that one out tomorrow. I just started adding yoga to my routine last week, and I'm looking for some new workouts. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On those runs with tired legs, you know you had some awesome workouts! Enjoy the week of freezer meals. I love simple weeks like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura. It was really nice to clean out the freezer.

      Delete
  3. You're doing great on your #ffmarchmiles! Enchilada soup sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I agree you had a great week of workouts! Red Rock looks so pretty, and I didn't know Yelp had a fit club...I may need to look into that. Oh Yoga for Runners will definitely be bookmarked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe the Yelp Fit Club is only in March. At least the Vegas one. I think there was in CA earlier in the year. I think it's just a special thing they do now and again.

      Delete
  5. It was fun, but pretty tough. So gorgeous, though!

    ReplyDelete