Sunday, March 16, 2014

What's for Dinner? Week of 3/16

I'm so happy I did my long run yesterday morning, because the rest of the weekend was kind of a bust. It was fun, for sure, but not exactly what you would consider productive. Sometimes, those weekends happen, am I right? :)

And, maybe it was kind of a reward for a pretty stellar week of training.

Monday - 4 miles. 41:38; 10:31 avg pace. I ran the first 2 miles with Jeff and then continued on for 2 more miles. This made me so incredibly happy to have my non-runner husband join me for a couple miles! Whoo hoo. :)

Tuesday - 5 miles. 54:03; 10:05 avg pace. Took Sallie with me for the first 2 miles and then continued on for 3 more. Took it real slow and easy. Knees started to feel a bit wonky. :(

Wednesday - REST

Thursday - 5 miles. 46:03; 9:22 avg pace. I did a mile warm up and a mile cool down with 3 miles at tempo in the middle. Felt good and strong!

Friday - 4.25 miles. 50:12; 12:00 avg pace. Took Sallie with me for the first 1.5 miles and then struggled through another 2.25. My pace was slow - partly recovery; partly because I knew I'd be running LSD the next morning.

Saturday - 10 miles. 2:10:26; 13:20 avg pace. Gave McCoullough Hills trail another shot. It was so much better this time. Dare I say, I actually really enjoyed it! The 10 miles seemed to really fly by!!

McCoullough Hills Trail, Vegas | Enjoying the Course

Sunday - REST

Total #FFMarchMiles: 51.25

Before yesterday's run, I picked up a Bountiful Basket, so lots of delicious new recipes to try.

menu planning

Sunday - Baked potatoes and baked kale chips.

Monday - Kale and Butternut Squash Saute.



Tuesday - Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta.



Wednesday - Leftovers

Thursday - Sandwiches

Friday - Chicken with baked potatoes.

Saturday - TBD

I'm linking up with Laura over at Mommy Run Fast and Jill at Fitness, Health, & Happiness. Go check out what everyone else is cooking up this week.


We also got a 1/2 gallon of coconut oil in our Bountiful Basket yesterday. I've never used coconut oil before, so I'm very excited to start incorporating it into our day in so many ways!

What's your favorite way to use coconut oil?

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on a great week of training!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job!! I would love to run on a long trail! Your meals look great too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A run where 10 miles flies by would be great! The Kale and Butternut Squash Saute looks good! I have kale this week so maybe I'll try something like that this week, but sub in sweet potatoes.

    ReplyDelete