Monday, March 3, 2014

What's for Dinner? Week of 3/2

Happy Monday! Happy March!! After my run yesterday, I got so busy with food prep and cleaning that I didn't have a chance to plan my menu for this week - let alone write up a post. :) So, it's a little late, but it feels good to have a plan.

But first, here's a look at my week of workouts. Much, much better than the previous week. Yay!

Monday - 2 mile run with Sallie. Time - 22:48. Took it real easy, trying to ease back into it after more than 10 days off. Tested out my new Asics. They were great!

Tuesday - REST

Wednesday - 4 mile run on the treadmill. 38:55. I'd intended on 5 miles, but stopped after 4, since I was taking so many walk breaks. I may have pushed it a bit too much for just coming back. M1 included a walking warm-up and took 11:03 min. M2 was done at 6.8 speed. M3 was at 7.0, with one 10-sec breather in the middle. M4 was TOUGH! I also tested out my new trails shoes. I don't love them, but I figure they might feel different on a trail??

Thursday - Pinterest workout - Quick Arms & Abs. And some yoga stretching and balance work.

Enjoying the Course's pin on Pinterest.

Friday - REST

Saturday - Unleashed Body & Mind. Really tough workout that made my legs feel like jello!

Sunday - 8.63 miles. 1:38:16; 11:32 avg pace. I had 9 miles on the schedule, but with taking the 2 previous weekends off + the killer workout the day before, I was going to be happy with anywhere from 5-9 miles, so I'm pretty happy about the 8.6. :) I took Sallie with me for the first 1.75. It took about 4-5 miles before my legs loosened enough to get to a somewhat normal pace, but my quads were pretty much killing me the entire time. I'm glad I pushed through, but wowza am I sore still this morning!

With only 7 weeks until my half marathon and 8 weeks until Ragnar, my running schedule is looking insane! It's a little intimidating to see it all out there, but I'm going to do my best. :)

Now, let's see what I have planned for dinner this week.

menu planning

Sunday - Penne with asparagus. We received 3 bunches of asparagus in our Bountiful Basket this weekend. I made this dish a couple weeks ago, and we both liked it, so I tried it again last night. I did add some vegan ground meat because I wanted to get it out of the fridge. :) 



Monday - Leftovers

Tuesday - Chicken and rice (still need to find a recipe) and roasted cabbage (because this looked so good!)



Wednesday - Eggs with asparagus and toast. I had this after my run yesterday morning, and it was pretty good. I thought it would might a nice, quick weekday dinner with the addition of some toast. :)


Thursday - Broccoli cheese roll-ups with a side salad.


Friday - French bread pizza with asparagus. This will be something of an experiment.

Saturday - Enchilada soup. I never got around to making this last week.



I'm linking up with Laura over at Mommy Run Fast and Jill at Fitness, Health, & Happiness. Go check out what everyone else is cooking up this week.

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

13 comments:

  1. Roasted cabbage? Brilliant! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who would have thought?! :-) Hope it's as tasty as it looks.

      Delete
  2. You had a fantastic workout week- nice work!! I still need to try your broccoli cheese roll ups, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That penne looks delicious! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure about that, but I'm going to give it a shot after work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmm, the roasted cabbage is good! I tried it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, the penne with asparagus looks insane, and you know insane means delicious. I have to make that, like now. Great job on the running and I'm looking forward to hearing all about the half and Ragnar! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know it's a good dish when both my husband and I like it. :-)

      Delete
  7. I didn't know you were doing the Ragnar...that's awesome! Great week of running and your food looks great! I am so in love with asparagus haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Janelle. Yep! Totally running a Ragnar Trail at the end of April. So excited!

      Delete