Sunday, March 30, 2014

What's for Dinner? Week of 3/30

How is it possible that tomorrow is the last day of March?! This month really flew by! I hope to write a Monthly Recap post tomorrow to share some of the things that made March a pretty great month. :)

In the meantime, let's check in with last week's workout and what I'm cooking up this week.

Monday - 5 miles. 51:16; 10:31 avg pace.

Tuesday - 6.25 miles. 1:11:45; 11:32 avg pace. I did 1 mile with Sallie, 2 miles with Jeff, and 3.25 solo. It was good, but my legs were tired and heavy.

Wednesday - REST

Thursday - REST

Friday - 6.5 miles. 1:50:15; 16:40 avg pace. Nighttime trail run with George. Super fun, but a little slow (even for us) running the trails after dark. The area we ran has lots of trails and loops, and we only got a little lost once. Good thing Orion was shining brightly to help guide us back to our car. :)

Saturday - Run #1 - 5.5 miles. 54:00; 10:00 avg pace. Took Sallie with me for the first 2 miles. Skipped my tempo run earlier in the week, so I ran miles 2.25-5.25 at tempo pace. Felt good and strong. For the most part.

Run #2 - 4 miles. 39:42. Opted for the treadmill for the 2nd run of the day. I started really slow and then had to kill it in order to get in 4 miles under 40min. Felt great, though.

Sunday - REST

Miles on last week's schedule: 33
Actual miles last week: 27.25

Still a little shy of my goal mileage for the week, but at least it was much less of a gap that the prior week.

Total #FFMarchMiles: 95.25

Less than 5 miles to get to 100 miles in March!! Perfect for my 5 miler on Monday. :)

menu planning

I forgot to order Bountiful Baskets. Again. Ooh! It was so frustrating, when I remembered at 9:30 on Tuesday night that I'd missed the 9pm deadline.

But I did manage to come up with a menu for this coming week.

Sunday - Out. Haven't decided on a restaurant yet, but somewhere new to us.

Monday - Lemon Sage Chicken and baked potatoes.

Tuesday - Dinner at The Aria after our friend's wedding.

Wednesday - Chicken and Rosemary Roasted Potatoes.

Thursday - Veggie Pizzas.



Friday - Probably something simple like baked potatoes or grilled sandwiches.

Saturday - TBD

I'm linking up with Laura over at Mommy Run Fast and Jill at Fitness, Health, & Happiness. Go check out what everyone else is cooking up this week.


I'm hoping to get some lunch prep done today + I'm currently in the process of making some coconut milk yogurt. Hope it turns out! It's a pretty long process, but thankfully once it start fermenting, it's pretty easy to multi-task while it does its thing in the yogurt maker.

Have you ever made your own yogurt?

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

9 comments:

  1. Wow! You've really ramped up your mileage- looks like a great week! Glad to have you back in the meal planning link up, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura! It's nice to start the week with a plan. :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on an awesome week of running, you're doing awesome! The veggie pizzas look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already rearranged the menu and we had the veggie pizzas tonight. Delicious!

      Delete
  3. Oh yes! I can't imagine running a trail at night without a headlamp of some sort. I had a little trouble with mine for the first couple miles, so I'm not certain I've got the best solution yet. I'll definitely be playing around with lighting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let us know how your yogurt turns out! It's been on my to-try list forever but I haven't taken the time to actually do it yet. What recipe did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jill, it turned out so good. I've never liked plain yogurt before, but this is delicious - even without any sweetener or additions. There's a link above to my pin which links to the recipe that I used over at Lexie's Kitchen.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your soon-to-be 100 mile March!

    ReplyDelete