Saturday, June 21, 2014

What's for Dinner? Week of 6/22

It's been a fun weekend! I took the redeye Friday morning back home to Minnesota. I like to think I brought some sunshine with me because it's been gorgeous here this weekend! And it had been pretty rainy the previous few weeks, I guess.  The humidity did stick around through, which gives the heat that ew gross kinda feeling, which I do not miss at all. Currently it's 70% humidity here in MN and only 9% in Vegas. Oh, how I love the dry heat of Vegas!

Last week's workouts? Jeff and I did start training for our half marathon last week {more on that later}, so I did get in a few good runs. Plus, I'm doing good on my LBD challenge. The yoga challenge this month does have quite a few poses that are a bit too advanced for me, so I've skipped a few days. Overall, I'm very pleased with my workouts last week!

Sunday, 6/15 - Fire-Building Yoga (detox). LBD Challenge Day 5 - 40 sec plank/15 triceps dips/20 mountain climbers.

Monday, 6/16 - Leg- and Butt- Firming Yoga Sequence. LBD Challenge Day 6 - 25 jumping jacks/20 burpees/20 high knees.

Tuesday, 6/17 - 2 mile run with Jeff and Sallie (23:07). LBD Challenge Day 7 - 30 squats/30 lunges/25 bridges. Post-run Yoga Cool-down.

Wednesday, 6/18 - REST

Thursday, 6/19 - 2.5 mile run (26:53). Jeff had a tough time on this run. We did 1.6 together, and then I did another 0.9 on my own. I pushed it and ran fast that final mile. It felt really great! 60 sec plank/25 triceps dips/25 mountain climbers. Post-run Yoga Cool-down.

Friday, 6/20 - LBD Challenge Day 10 - 30 jumping jacks/30 burpees/30 high knees.

Saturday, 6/21 - 7 mile run (1:14:37). Read more about my run on FacebookLBD Challenge Day 11 - 30 squats/30 lunges/30 bridges. Post-run Yoga Cool-down.


#SummerSplits2014 Update - I haven't been very good about doing the poses every day, and I've had to skip a few poses altogether, but the challenge is still fun. :)

#summersplits2014 yoga challenge | enjoyingthecourse.com


#HalfTrainingWithJeff This was week 1 of training with Jeff for his first half marathon. It was kind of a tough start, but I think week 1 is always one of the hardest. We did yoga on Mon, ran together on Tues and Thurs. I've been out of town for the weekend, so we had to do Fri/Sat workouts separately. Sat, I woke up to this message from Jeff.
BOOM!!! 4 miles down, and felt like I could've kept going forever. 10 min 45 sec per mile average
Pretty sure that's the farthest distance he's ever run, and I couldn't have been happier to read that message from him!! Maybe this half marathon will actually happen. yay!


What's for Dinner next week? It's going to have to be a winging it kind of week. Since I'm not home, I'm not really sure what all we have on hand for ingredients for dinners. And I won't get home until really late tonight, so there won't be any time to hit up the grocery store this weekend.

Since I've got no plans, I figured I'd just share a recipe instead. :)

Buffalo Lime Chicken | enjoyingthecourse.com

I made this for dinner a couple of times now, and it's always delicious! I'd originally found the recipe on Pinterest, but it was only a picture with a brief description - no link to an actual recipe.

So, I had to wing it and decided to share the full recipe with all of you.

Buffalo Lime Chicken


Prep time: 15-20 min
Cook time: 15-20 min
Total time: 30-40 min
Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup Frank's Red Hot
  • Juice of 4 limes
  • 1 tsp minced garlic
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 4 chicken cutlets
  • 2T unscented coconut oil, or cooking oil of your choice
  • 2 cups white rice, prepared

Instructions
  1. Mix the Frank's Red Hot, lime juice, garlic, and salt together in shallow bowl. Marinate the chicken cutlets in the sauce for 10-15 minutes.
  2. Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the chicken cutlets and cook until chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear.
  3. Serve chicken over rice.
This would probably be excellent on the grill as well!

Which week of training for a race do you think is the hardest?

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

8 comments:

  1. Yay for starting half training! It's a winging it kind of week for us, too. And this weather- gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love buffalo everything, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks phenomenal!!!! :) Mmmmmmmm Buffalo chicken! I will be making this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This recipe looks awesome! However, I'm a little embarrassed to ask - what is Frank's Red Hot? I live in the Netherlands so I often have to get creative with alternative products :)

    Pinned your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm terrible about doing planks everyday. I don't think I've ever done a plank-a-day thing that lasted more than a couple days. :-(

    ReplyDelete