Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year 2015

Happy New Year!

Who is ready for 2015! I can't believe it. I remember when the year 2000 seemed SO FAR away! And now, we're 15 years passed that already. CAH-RAZY!

Anyway, New Years is one of my favorite holidays. So full of promise and excitement. A time to reflect and make plans for the future.

This morning, I finished out the #RWRunStreak that started on Thanksgiving. It really was #36daysofawesome. I'm a little sad that it's over now, but there will be another one at the end of May! Until then, I have some work to do to make the next streak even more awesome than this one.

Before writing this post, I went back to look at my last few New Years posts. You can read them here: 20112012, 2013, 2014

Some years I was a little more successful at sticking to my goals than others.
Hopefully 2015 will be one of the more successful years. :-D

I'm going to break my goals in "Individual" and "Goals With Jeff," like I did last year.

Here goes:


Individual Goals


Run a sub-25 minute 5K. I want to run faster. I mean it this year! Yes, this is the 3rd year in a row that I have listed this as one of my goals. And you know what they say, 3rd times a charm, right?

In order to focus on this goal, I've promised myself that there will be no full marathons in 2015. There will be a lot of shorter runs (races?) and speed work and yoga and strength training. Obviously, I'm no expert, but I do strongly believe that simply running and speed work will not be enough to help me achieve this goal. I need yoga and squats and overall stronger and more defined muscles.

Lose at least 20 lbs. I'm not a huge number on a scale person. I'm not someone who even weighs herself with any regularity, but I reviewed a scale nearly 2 years ago, and since then, I have gained nearly 15 lbs. This was kind of a slap into reality for me, but when I told Jeff, he said, "Well, that doesn't seem so bad."

What?! I mean I wasn't even at my ideal weight when I did that review. I'd have liked to lose a little since then - not gain. *sigh*

Hopefully with all the work I'm doing to achieve that sub-25, I'll be able to drop some weight, too. Of course, I also need to work on making some healthier food choices as well.

Shoot more videos. My original intention was to make this a video post, like I did in 2013, but I decided to hold off until Saturday for my first video post of 2015. Now, I just need to figure out a way to make my videos a little more interesting. I re-watched a few of the ones I've done in the past few years, and YAWN! Boring or not, you can expect 1-2 videos a month in 2015. ;-)

Goals With Jeff


Monthly Date Night. Or just dates, in general. We tend to be homebodies, so we're trying to push ourselves (mostly Jeff) to do more things out and about. The sky's the limit on this one. It could be something small or extravagant. It could be indoors or outdoors. I think our only rule on this one is that we leave our home. :-)

Read 12 books. This one might surprise you since we had a goal of reading 3 books in 2014, and that was an utter failure. So why the huge bump to 12 books? We felt that 3 was too small and too easy to put off and put off - until there really wasn't enough time to finish them. With 12 as the goal, we're hoping to read 1 book a month, which doesn't leave much room for procrastination.

Buy a house. We are so sick of our apartment (and especially the management company) and so excited for this next chapter in our lives together!

What goals do you have for 2015?

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

4 comments:

  1. Great goals for the year! Good luck on your home search! I need to have more date nights with my boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janelle! Here's to more date nights with our men!! Whoo hoo!!

      Delete
  2. Great list! I'm still working on my goals for the year, but one of them is run another 50k. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another 50k? You go girl! That's amazing and a true rockstar goal. Best of luck!!

      Delete