Sunday, January 4, 2015

Workout Recap + Jan 4th Meal Plan

After yesterday's Ultimate Coffee Date, I went on the hunt for a new 2015 planner. My first stop was to Walmart cuz that where I do most of my shopping, but their calendar section was pretty picked over. Nothing like the one I had last year.

So, I headed to Office Depot and sifted through their calendars. I finally decided on this one, and I really think I'm going to love it.


There are some very fun features that I want to share with you, so come back tomorrow for the full calendar tour. :)

Like I mentioned in my January goals post, I want to share weekly updates on my workouts in 2015. Hopefully this will help me stay focused and achieve all my goals.

Here's my first workout recap:

Sunday: 1.15 mile run

Monday: 1 mile run

Tuesday: 1 mile run

Wednesday: 1.4 mile run

Thursday: 1.5 mile run (last run of #RWRunStreak)

Friday: Dumbbell workout (20 min)

Saturday: 3 mile run (11'13" pace)


What's for Dinner? Week of Jan 4th

I've tried meal planning by planning out dinners for each day of the week, and I've tried it by doing just general meals I want to make that week without specific meals on specific days. I wouldn't say that I'm particularly successful with either. :-(

My last attempt at meal planning was a bit of a failure. My intent was use up all the veggies I'd received in our Bountiful Basket, and now my fridge needs to be cleaned out because it smells SO bad. I'm talking every time the fridge is opened, the bad smell wafts through the entire apartment and lingers! Icky. :( Pretty sure it's rotten broccoli. Epic Fail.

So, I'm going to try a hybrid - dinner plans for specific days How many times can I use the word specific in one post?:) and general ideas for breakfasts, snacks, and desserts.

Sunday: Crockpot Lasagna with Roasted Turnips with Balsamic Vinegar and Thyme



Monday: Leftovers

Tuesday: Chicken Stir Fry

Wednesday: Soup and Grilled Cheese

Thursday: Leftovers

Friday: Pizza Rolls and Brussels Sprouts

Saturday: TBD. We'll be picking up a Bountiful Basket in the morning, so it depends on what we get.

Breakfast:
Gingerbread Spice Tea Cake
Oatmeal
Smoothies

Snacks/Dessert:
Caramelized Pear Upside Down Cake
Apple Crisp
Hummus and Pita Chips

Sunday Prep:
Tea Cake
Hummus
Upside Down Cake

What are you cooking up this week?
How were your workouts last week?


Be sure to stop by Mommy Run Fast and check out what everyone else is cooking up this week.

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great plan for this week! I love getting the farm share but I do get frustrated when we can't eat everything in time and end up throwing out food..so I feel your pain!

    Janelle @ Run With No Regrets

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously soup and grilled cheese is one of my favorites I need to add that in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great meal plan! And I am all about new planners in the new year, too. I can't give up my pen and paper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura! There is something exciting about a new planner, isn't there?

      Delete