Sunday, January 25, 2015

Workout Recap + Jan 25 Meal Plan

It's been another stressful week. This time not because of Sallie (thank goodness!), but because of work. I was working on developing a training program and up against a deadline, which resulted in staying late a few nights. Which zapped my energy. Making it difficult to find the motivation to workout and to make a proper dinner.

So, here's to a better week next week!

Workout Recap


Sunday: 3-mile run.

Monday: W/U: jumping jacks, high knees, arm circles, butt kickers, mountain climbers (30 sec each). Weight-Free Arms (pin). 10-min abs/core (pin).

Tuesday: 20-min Lengthening & Opening Yoga (YouTube).

Wednesday: REST

Thursday: The Excuse Proof Workout (pin).

Friday: REST

Saturday: REST

I got a complimentary month to ClassPass, so I'm hoping to take some classes around town next week. Hopefully that will motivate me to get back my workout mojo. While my workouts weren't terrible last week, they definitely weren't as good as I'd have liked.

What's for Dinner?


What's for Dinner? Week of Jan 11th

This was a Bountiful Baskets weekend, so my fridge is nice and stocked with some yummy produce. And I think I've got a pretty good plan to use it all. Except the coconut. I didn't actually snap a pic of the one I got, but it was one like this.


This is difficult to admit, but just in case anyone else out there is like me, I thought I'd share my story.

This didn't look like a regular coconut with the brown fuzzy shell, so I foolishly didn't realize that this still needed to be cracked open. I thought it was the actual coconut meat, so I attempted to shred the shell.

It didn't work very well. Obviously. Though it wasn't at the time.

I expressed my frustration to Jeff, and he mentioned that you still had to crack through the shell. What?! So, I hit up YouTube, and found this very helpful video. Easy-peasy. Now I have a container of coconut water and one of coconut meat in my fridge, and no real plan to use them this week. So, I need to still figure that out this afternoon. Leave me a comment or let me know on Twitter your favorite ways to use fresh coconut.

Here is what I do know that I'll be cooking up this week.

Sunday: SW Bean Wraps

Monday: Homemade Vegetable Soup

Tuesday: Leftovers

Wednesday: Pasta & Garlic Bread

Thursday: Baked Chicken Chimichangas

Friday: Leftovers

Saturday: Jalapeno Poppers Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

Breakfast:
Carrot Almond Bread
Scrambled Egg Wraps with Bell Peppers

Lunches:
Leftovers
Salads
Roasted Jalapeno Soup

Snacks/Dessert:
Carrots and Bell Peppers with Hummus
Yogurt
Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies

Sunday Prep:
Hummus
Yogurt
Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies
Cut veggies for soup

What are you cooking up this week?
How were your workouts last week?


Be sure to stop by Laura @ Mommy Run Fast and Jill Conyers to check out what everyone else is cooking up this week.

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

6 comments:

  1. Busy weeks make everything hard! We had a busy week too with my husband gone and my energy was gone. Hoping this is a much better week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's do this, Laura! :-) Actually it's not off to a great start, but today is a new day!!

      Delete
  2. Dinner looks great, especially the CHIMICHANGAS. Hope this week is a better one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your menu is making my stomach growl. Literally. Is the Jalapeno Poppers Grilled Cheese Sandwiches your recipe? It sounds like something my daughter would love.

    ReplyDelete