Sunday, January 11, 2015

Workout Recap + Jan 11 Meal Plan

It's been kind of a stressful morning. My Sallie-girl wouldn't eat her breakfast this morning, and she NEVER turns her nose up a food. And then, her tummy started making all kinds of gurgling, crazy noises. Poor girl.

We finally gave her some Pepcid and got her to eat some soup. She seems to be doing much better now, so hopefully she's on the mend and won't require a trip to the vet.

It's heartbreaking, but on to some better news. I feel like I did really good with my workouts this past week! I only took one unplanned rest day, and I'm OK with that.

Workout Recap


Sunday: REST

Monday: Thigh sculpting workout (pin). 2 rounds. Could really feel this this next few days.


Tuesday: Yoga for Runners (YouTube) 25 min.

Wednesday: REST

Thursday: Yin Yoga with Yoga Nora (YouTube) 35 min. Didn't care for this video. :(

Friday: Melt Fat, Build Muscle Dumbbel Blast (pin) Really enjoyed this one, too. Only did each circuit 2x, though.

Saturday: REST

Despite feeling pretty good about my workouts this week, I still had a feeling fat kind of week. Does this happen to anyone else? The first week of strength training = feeling fat? I like to think it's something to do with the growing muscles pushing out the fat, so that the mirror betrays me. I could be making all that up, though.

What's for Dinner?


What's for Dinner? Week of Jan 11th

I think I've got a real good plan for dinners (and food in general) this week.

Sunday: Cheesy Vegetable Chowder



Monday: Broccoli Chicken Cheese Roll-ups

Tuesday: Leftover Soup

Wednesday: Zucchini Pizza Boats (for me) and Pizza Wraps (for Jeff)

Thursday: Baked Potatoes with Chili

Friday: Soup and Cheese Roll-ups

Saturday: TBD.

Breakfast:
Omelets
Smoothies
Oatmeal

Snacks/Dessert:
Caramelized Pear Upside Down Cake
Apple Crisp

Sunday Prep:
Hummus
Upside Down Cake

What are you cooking up this week?
How were your workouts last week?


Be sure to stop by Mommy Run Fast and check out what everyone else is cooking up this week.

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

4 comments:

  1. love apple crisp! i also sometimes sneak it for breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jennifer! I haven't had it in years (it seems), so I'm looking forward to it. Of course, it's been on my meal plan for a few weeks now, so hopefully I actually make it this week. :)

      Delete
  2. Aww, hope your Sallie is okay! I want to try those zucchini pizza boats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura. We thought she was doing better, but then it got worse. We took her to the vet this morning, and now we're in a wait-and-see mode. Hopefully the shot she got eases her stomach, so she starts eating again.

      Delete