Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Good-bye July, HELLO August!!

I don't want to write this post, but if I don't hold myself accountable, what's the point?

July was an utter failure.

Too strong? Maybe.

There were too many weeks when I was simply flat out lazy. Don't get me wrong, the month started out great. Strong. But it really petered out about mid-month. I completely stopped doing my Core/Balance Challenge around the 20th, I think. And my 31 Days of Yoga fell by the wayside, too. Ugh.

I did finish the month on an upswing, though, with a run on Mon, and bike ride on Tues, and another run this morning.

I am READY for August!


3 Things are going to make August AWESOME!



1. It's my birthday month!! And you get to celebrate with me. Whoo hoo I'll be hosting my first ever virtual race. I'll be announcing it tomorrow with all the details, so be sure and come back again tomorrow. Hint: There will be some fabulous, exciting prizes. You won't want to miss out!

2. Marathon training begins on Monday!! I'm unbelievably excited. It's my first marathon in 10 years, and I want to really train right this time. I'm still ironing out my training plan and will be posting it soon.

3. The 5kMYWay Challenge starts on Monday, too. Obviously, I've already run many a 5k, but I'm so honored to be included in with the other amazing coaches for this challenge. I think it's exciting to be training for a marathon while helping others train for their first 5k. Our running schedules will be different, but our need for motivation will be the same. I just know I'll be learning so much from the other coaches AND all the participants!

What's going to make August awesome for you?


Other ways to follow Enjoying the Course:
Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Pinterest → clarindad

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! August is going to be A-mazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lea. My birthday's not until 8/10, but I'm thinking I should celebrate all month long. :)

      Delete
  2. Yes- let's leave the craziness of July behind. :) Awesome things coming up for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your July was definitely a bit crazier than mine. I hope you're settling nicely.

      Delete
  3. August sounds like it will be a great month for you. Hope it's better than you felt July was.

    ReplyDelete