Sunday, July 28, 2013

What's for Dinner? Week of 7/28

The past Thursday, Lea over at Running with Ollie posted a "What's in Your Fridge?" link-up. I totally spaced it, so I figured I'll add it to my menu planning post. :-)

My fridge is kind of a hot mess right now with all the produce from yesterday's Bountiful Baskets pick-up.



It's hard to fit everything on Saturdays, but by Friday, it will be mostly thinned out.

Oh, I love a full fridge!!

A couple notes:

  • What looks like a tub of ice cream is actually filled with sharlyn melon
  • Yes, that is a bottle of margarita in the door next to the chocolate almond milk while the white almond milk in relegated to the bottom shelf.
  • Underneath all that celery is a bag of carrots and a couple cucumbers
  • There are 4 more different melons on the counter waiting to be cut
  • Oh, and there are grapefruit, mangos, and nectarines out on the counter, too


Here's a little look at how I'll be using all some of this goodness this week.

Sunday - Layered Mexican Pizza
I've got no recipe but I'm going to try to create something along this line for dinner tonight.

Monday - Pasta
Jeff likes alfredo, and I love red sauce. I actually really dislike alfredo sauce, so I don't mind making two sauces for dinner on pasta nights. I also plan on adding a bunch of veggies to the sauce(s).

Tuesday - Dinner at Carmine's
I'm leaving Jeff on his own and heading to dinner at Carmine's at Caesar's Forum Shops. Yum!!

Wednesday - Salad
Big, delicious salads with everything we can think of in the fridge as toppings.

Thursday - Bean Mushroom Enchiladas


Friday - Leftovers

Saturday - Leftovers

I think I'll also make some coleslaw. I made some last week, and it was delicious! I also see a lot of celery/carrot sticks in my future.

Lots of healthy snacks. Whoo hoo!!

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

4 comments:

  1. Your fridge is stocked with healthy foods!! Thanks for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your menus always sound better than mine. :P

    ReplyDelete