Saturday, July 13, 2013

Volunteering with Bountiful Baskets

This morning, I got up very early for a Saturday, and Jeff and I headed to our Bountiful Baskets location. For once we actually left early enough to get there in time to help volunteer with the set-up.

So early in fact, that we were the first to arrive.

Enjoying the Course


We chilled in the the van while we waited for the truck, the coordinator, and the other volunteers to arrive.

All the veggies come stacked on one pallet.

Bountiful Baskets


After unloading the pallet, we started sorting the fruits and veggies into all the baskets.

Imagine a pic of Jeff or me putting produce into the baskets. #bloggerfail

All finished distributing!

Bountiful Baskets


The extra add-ons are all lined up and organized, too.

Bountiful Baskets


It was super fun! And went by quickly.

Before I knew it, we were back home with all of this goodness.

Bountiful Baskets


Our regular basket included:

Fruits: red grapes, blueberries, peaches, canteloupe, watermelon, mangos
Veggies: lettuce, yellow onions, eggplant, lots of broccoli, grape tomatoes

We got a few add-ons as well.

  • Delicious fresh bread
  • A crazy amount of wraps - 20 each of chipotle, garlic & herb, spinach, and tomato basil
  • 8 lbs of strawberries. Well, I'm only keeping 2 lbs. The other 6 are going to a couple co-workers.

We've been doing Bountiful Baskets on and off since the end of May, and so far, I'm still loving it! It forces us to eat better and try new recipes.

With all those wraps in my fridge and freezer, I'm off to Pinterest to find exciting recipes for wraps.

What's your favorite way to enjoy broccoli?
How about your favorite wrap recipe?


Other ways to follow Enjoying the Course:
Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Pinterest → clarindad

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

4 comments:

  1. That's a great haul! I still just love this idea. How cool that you helped out, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad we were finally able to help out. We each got a thank you item for volunteering, too. :-) They encourage everyone to volunteer at least once every couple months, but I kind of doubt everyone does. :-(

      Delete
  2. I love Bountiful Baskets and I love to volunteer too! But now as the miles are getting longer for my marathon training Saturday mornings, I haven't been able to get there in time to volunteer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you get your long runs in BEFORE pick-up? That's fantastic. Once marathon training begins, I'm not sure what I'll do, but I'll likely go after volunteering/pick-up. :)

      Delete