Wednesday, July 10, 2013

An Announcement + the ABCs of ME

Check out what I did this morning!



I registered for a MARATHON! I'm super excited. It starts in Utah, runs through Arizona, and finishes in Nevada. BOOM! Three States, One marathon. :)

This will be my first marathon in over 10 years!! More on that later...

If you want to join me, it's only $75 ($80.25 with the fees) until 7/15 and then it goes up to $80. Oh yeah, and the race is on December 7th.

Now, for a little fun. My blogging friend, Tyly (go check her out. she's pretty awesome.), tagged me, and I could have sworn I did this already, but I couldn't find the the post, so here goes...

A. Attached or Single:  ATTACHED! I ♥ being married. :)

B. Best Friend: Lame, I know, but I'll have to go with my husband.

C. Cake or Pie: Um. Both? I have a huge sweet tooth, and I probably wouldn't say no to either. Except for Thanksgiving that is strictly a PIE holiday in my book.

D. Day of Choice: I love Mondays because it's like starting over every week, a chance to get back on track and back into a routine, but I also love the weekends, because I can be freer with my time and spend more time with Jeff.

E. Essential Item: My phone. I take it everywhere and check it often. Though I rarely use it to make or receive calls.

F. Favorite color: Orange or Yellow.

G. Gummy Bears or Worms: Bears. Though I'm sure I'd probably say yes to either.

H. Hometown: Alexandria, MN

I. Favorite Indulgence: Have I mentioned my sweet tooth???

J. January or July: Definitely July. Yes, even in Vegas. Did you know it gets cold here in January?? Not MN-cold, by any means, but I'd much rather be sweaty than shivering cold.

K. Kids: No plans.

L. Life Isn’t Complete Without: Laughter. I love to laugh.

M. Marriage Date: 12/21/2004

N. Number of Brothers / Sisters: Hang tight. You ready? 1 sister, 2 brothers, 3 step-sisters, 3 step-brothers, and 2 half-brothers. Step, full, half. It doesn't really matter! They're all family. :)

O. Oranges or Apples: Bananas :-)

P. Phobias: Lots of things freak me out, but I wouldn't go so far as to call them phobias. Spiders, roaches, crickets, pretty much all bugs will make me jump, but not scream. The ocean kind of freaks me out, too. Probably not the best for a scuba diver (though we haven't made it to the ocean yet).

Q. Quotes: Quotes are great! I love them. But I rarely remember them enough to keep with me.

Except maybe this one. This one is almost always running through my mind.


R. Reasons to Smile: My life in general makes me smile. My health. My knowledge. The sunshine. I love Vegas! I love my husband! I love my Sallie-girl! Life is good. :)

S. Season of Choice: Summer. Or maybe Fall. I hate to choose just one. Definitely not winter, though.

T. Tag 5 People: I'm going to be lame on this one, and tag EVERYONE! Play along, if you'd like. :)

U. Unknown Fact About Me: I'm terrible about shaving my legs. One of the many reasons I love maxi dresses and skirts.

V. Vegetable: Surprisingly, if you knew my younger self, I actually like a lot of vegetables. My favorites are probably ones that I can eat raw as snacks - carrots, celery, bell peppers, cucumbers, etc.

W. Worst Habit: I don't listen very well. :-( My mind is always racing to other places.

X. X-Ray or Ultrasound: X-ray. Ultrasounds require that cold gel. Ew.

Y. Your Favorite Food: Pizza is the first thing that came to mind. I love that it can be so versatile. Of course, more often than not, it's simply pepperoni that we enjoy.

Z. Zodiac sign: Leo. One month from today. I'll be celebrating by hosting my first virtual race. It will be a bit different than a regular virtual race, so keep you eyes open for that. It's going to be great fun!


Other ways to follow Enjoying the Course:
Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Pinterest → clarindad

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

6 comments:

  1. I'm a pretty big fan of autumn myself...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love autumn! Definitely one of the prettiest seasons. :)

      Delete
  2. YOU SIGNED UP FOR A MARATHON???? Yes, I'm yelling because I'm SOOO excited!! What made you decide to do that?? Oh, I guess that's why you said more on that later. Hmmm...I wonder how much a plane ticket to Utah would cost me. :)
    In reading a lot of people's ABC's, I've realized that most people don't have a BFF, other than their spouse! And I thought I was lame because I didn't!
    That's hilarious about shaving your legs! I have to shave every day because I hate that scratchy feeling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The short story is that I simply think 10 years between marathons is long enough. :)
      Check flights to Vegas, too. Then we could carpool. How fun would that be?!
      I would die if I had to shave every day. lol.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I agree 10 years is too long! Yes, I should fly into Vegas so we can ride together! I'll look at flights tonight.

      Delete