Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Review of ... Kona Kase

Being an ambassador for FitFluential has some sweet perks. Like trying out Kona Kase.

Performance. Fueled. Monthly.

I think monthly boxes similar to Kona Kase are all the rage right now. There are boxes for women. Boxes for men. Boxes for pets. Boxes with clothes. Boxes with food.

They're all over the place, but what I love about Kona Kase is that it offers fuel for my active lifestyle. I don't know about you, but I can get pretty overwhelmed when trying to decide what kind of fuel to try for my long runs or recovery from my long runs or simply snacks for that late afternoon craving.

And sometimes I get bored with the same old thing and like to mix it up, but don't know what to try next or where to find it.

Kona Kase makes it simple to try new products that you may never have heard of or weren't willing to try on your own.

Here is a picture of what I got in my June Box.



More than just fuel for your body, each box also comes with an inspirational quote. Fuel for your mind. :)



As well as a little blurb about each product and maybe a training tip on how to get the most out of the delectable little treat. Sometimes, you might even get a little discount code off your purchase of more. Can't beat that!

The little card that describes all the products also has a little spot on it for you to give it a grade from 1-5. If you're like me, you might forget if you don't write it down. Ha!

There are still a couple items that I haven't tried yet, because I'm on a running hiatus, but I loved nearly every item I've tried. The Half Pops were particularly satisfying. They're like popcorn that hasn't quite popped all the way, and seasoned deliciously. Only problem was that one bag was supposed to be 2 servings. Oops!

Add to all of these are the two guys behind Kona Kase - Taylor and John. They're regular athletes just like us who wanted to help make it easier to discover these great, lesser-known brands and breath some life into our fuel - instead of relying on our boring old energy bars. These guys are also super focused on customer service. They're quick to respond to any questions you may have, and they just seem like a couple of fun guys.

A monthly subscription starts at just $15, or you could get a discount by signing up for 3, 6, or 12 months. Either way, you can cancel at anytime if you're not satisfied, but I don't see how that's possible. :)

So, are you ready to try Kona Kase? If you're not quite sure, here's a little discount code that might help you say YES! Just enter FFJuly to receive $5 off month one.

Thank you, FitFluential and KonaKase!

Have you tried Kona Kase? 
If so, what's been your favorite new product?
What other subscription boxes have you tried (or heard of)?


Other ways to follow Enjoying the Course:
Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Pinterest → clarindad

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

8 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Would love to have different snacks to appease my palate each month. especially when running. the same ole' snack bar gets boring after a while. Will check it out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Christine! I love trying new snacks...er, fuel.

      Delete
  2. i thought my kona kase was pretty cool, but there was too much stuff in it marketed to endurance athletes, which i am totally not. still i enjoyed the bars and snacks. the half pops WERE super delish and my grandma loved them so much that i ordered her some of her own! yes the bag is totally not 2 servings hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice of you to share with Grandma - and buy her some for her very own. :)

      Delete
  3. I agree that these monthly boxes seem to be all the rage right now. While I'm a sucker for anything that says 'Kona' (for the coffee and for the Ironman) on it, I wasn't moved to try this out initially. I just didn't see myself having that big 'fueling' needs (the problem with most monthly boxes - I don't need that much stuff!).

    To be clear, I fuel my regular workouts with a banana or a granola bar and generally eat a meal afterwards for recovery. Specialized fuels like bars and gels I generally reserve for the very big workouts and races which are more sporadic. Still, I love that they include discount codes, that's always an incentive to buy more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Discount codes are always nice, aren't they? :)

      I do like to fuel with more natural things, too, like bananas, but it's fun to mix it up, too.

      Delete
  4. That's actually a very cool subscription box! I've seen those half pops, but wasn't sure - and endorsement from someone else always helps me to try! :)

    ReplyDelete