Monday, January 20, 2014

Monday Listicles - The Weekend

This week's Monday Listicles theme is things to do on the weekend. Our weekends are generally pretty mellow, so here's a list of some regular things we do and some things I wish we'd do more. So, in no particular order...

10 Things to Do during the Weekend


1. Stay up way too late
We don't do this every weekend, but this past weekend we were up until 3am Sat morning. Just talking about random things

2. Sleep in way too late
When Sallie is feeling generous. She likes her breakfast at a very early hour and isn't too keen on pushing that back. But sometimes I convince her to sleep a bit later.

3. Be a tourist in our own town
Of course we live in a pretty great town to do this. This weekend we went to the Stratosphere.


Stratosphere Las Vegas

4. Go for a run
I try to get out for a run at least once every weekend.

5. Make a fun breakfast
Pancakes, french toast, omelettes. Not all at the same time.


Omelettes Breakfast

6. Go for a bike ride or for a hike
We don't do this nearly as often as I'd like, but one of these weekends we'll do it!

7. ROAD TRIP!
Again, we have yet to do this since moving to Vegas, but sometime this year, I hope we take a few short road trips. LA, San Diego, Phoenix, Grand Canyon are a few of the places I'd love to go.

8. Relax and do nothing
This is how most of my weekends actually go. Or I get caught up on stuff around the house, like cleaning, organizing or doing laundry.

9. Marathon - movies or TV
Now, this is something that we'll frequently do - but we haven't for awhile.

10. NAP
Which includes lots of Sallie snuggle time. Some of my favorite moments are snuggling with her.


Sallie border terrier


Linking up with Stasha. Head on over there to see how everyone else spends their weekends and to see what next week's theme is.

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

21 comments:

  1. This is a great list! I think weekends are also a great time to disconnect from technology... live like it's 1999 before we were all attached to our phones, computers, etc. :)

    ~ Lora @ Crazy Running Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah. 1999. :)
      Actually, I need the weekends usually just to get even remotely caught up with social media. :-/

      Delete
  2. Hi! I'm so happy to connect with you through our SITS tribe! Love the list, it rocks! My favorite is being a tourist in your own city. Nicely done.

    Look forward to connecting with you more. Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amber! Even if I didn't live in Vegas, it would be fun to play tourist in whatever town I lived in. Though Vegas does make it extremely easy.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a perfect weekend plan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunday naps are the best, aren't they??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! I love Sunday naps. And Saturday naps. And any-day-I-can-take-one naps. :)

      Delete
  5. That sounds like an awesome weekend. I think I shall follow in your foot steps and do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Clarinda! I'm part of your SITS tribe. I really like your list of things to do on the weekend. My husband and I love to sleep in and have tv marathons. I also like to get my long runs in on the weekend. Looking forward to to reading more of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beth, and welcome to my blog. TV marathons are so fun. The only kind of marathon my husband will probably ever do. :)

      Delete
  7. What a great list! I would love to do more weekend road trips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to hit the road now and again. We are way past due!!

      Delete
  8. Part of your SITs tribe. What a fun list! I love to make lists, and even if I just put nap on it too :-P

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really miss those nights when the Husband and I would stay up super late drinking wine and just talking about nothing and everything at the same time. Sounds like you've got some great weekend activities at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We just went up to the Observation Deck. No rides. This time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Make a fun breakfast is another great one! We haven't done move marathons for a while, but I love to do that.

    ReplyDelete