Monday, January 13, 2014

Monday Listicles - Random 10

This week we're free-styling it for Monday Listicles.


10 RANDOM THOUGHTS


1. I don't understand people who do not like chocolate. I have a huge sweet tooth and chocolate is right at the top of the list. Pretty much any kind of chocolate is YUM!

2. Just because my car is small doesn't mean it's not safe. Yesterday, at Walmart some stopped and asked how I like my car. I said I loved it. She seemed surprised and asked if I wasn't scared driving it. Um. No. It's got like 11 air bags. I think I'm good.

Scion IQ

3. We got Bountiful Baskets this weekend! I'm so excited to have so many fruits/veggies in the house again. It's been WAY too long.

4. We got some big baking potatoes in the Bountiful Basket. I've been craving baked potatoes for awhile now, so I was pretty excited to see them in the basket Saturday morning.

5. We had this deliciousness for dinner Saturday night.
slow cooker chicken taco chili
I served it over rice last night, but one of the leftover nights this week it will be used as a potato topping. Yummy!

6. I haven't ridden my bike in months. :( So sad. I really need to start again, but I've gotten out of the habit and it's been so cold. Maybe I'll get in a commute or two this week.

7. I went out for drinks Friday night at the new Downtown Container Park Project to celebrate a co-workers birthday. It was really fun! I didn't get a great picture, but all the shops/restaurants are shipping containers! It's really neat. There's also a playground in the center for the kids and a stage at one end for bands. And I can't forget to mention the huge preying mantis.


8. Jeff and I need to do some brainstorming for our 2014 goals. The key to success is planning, right? Hopefully, if we brainstorm some ideas, we won't get to the end of the year disappointed.

9. I've been absolutely terrible about drinking water the past several weeks. I think it's really catching up with me now. Even my skin has gotten thirsty! I definitely need to start making water a priority again.

10. It's going to be a busy week! The way I've planned my workouts this month, I've got arms/abs + a run on MWF this week. That's not going to leave me much time in the mornings, so I'll have to be productive in the evenings. :)

Happy Monday! What randomness is going on with you?

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

13 comments:

  1. I LOVE your car! It must get great gas mileage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute in your little car! I wrote a very random and rambling post today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little cute car! Adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no!! I hope the odd piece of bone isn't serious - and most importantly, doesn't prevent you from running.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new blog layout looks very nice - clean & crisp! How does having your own domain work? Other than the cost of your URL are there other costs involved?

    I understand why people say what they say about little cars. It frightens me every time I think of a small vehicle getting into an accident. The good news is with small cars today they do have air bags unlike 30 years ago. Our first car was a 1977 Ford Fiesta. I thought that was small, but a Smart is definitely smaller. I think they are kinda cute, but the price tag scares me off more than anything. Small cars don't have small price tags.

    I'm with you. How can anyone NOT like chocolate? Our DD#2 isn't a huge fan of chocolate and if she didn't look so much like us I would swear there was a mix up at the hospital. lol

    Mmm that bean, corn, cheese over rice concoction looks really yummy! Drinking water isn't so much a problem for these days, but I do remember a time when I wasn't very good with getting enough. It makes a big difference in how my skin looks and the how my intestines function properly. A rule of thumb, I read that your water consumption should be half your weight in ounces per day. For example, if you're 120# then you need to drink 60oz. Absolutely planning is the key to success in anything you do. I read once that, if you write your goals down then you are more likely to achieve them. So, good luck setting yours! Thanks for visiting yesterday. Looking forward to reading more of your Listicles this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathy! Thanks so much for stopping by. I'll shoot you an email to answer your questions. :)

      Delete
  6. Great list!! Was going to comment on the car too - seems a popular part of this post! :) Very cute vehicle!

    Happy 2014!

    http://hammockinthehoneysuckle.blogspot.com/2014/01/10.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the new layout!

    I don't understand not liking chocolate either. I don't have a huge sweet tooth, but it's chocolate!

    ReplyDelete