Sunday, January 5, 2014

What's for Dinner? Week of 1/5

In case you missed my 2014 goals, one of them is to menu plan every week. Menu planning in 2013 was a little hit or miss. Even on the weeks when I did do some planning, it was hard to follow.

That all changes starting now.

menu planning

Lately, I've been so lazy after work. The last thing I want to do is make dinner when I get home. The good thing is that we still haven't been eating takeout much. The bad thing is that we haven't really been eating. I might just have a simple snack before bed. Ugh.

So this week, I'm trying to keep it simple. Plus, I'm hoping to get some food prep done this afternoon, to take some of the weeknight work out of actually making dinner. *fingers crossed*

Sunday - Black Bean Soup

Monday - Crockpot Lasagna

crockpot lasagna

I pinned this a LONG almost a full year! time ago from Katie at From Ice Cream to Marathon. Now is the time to finally try it. :)

Tuesday - Leftovers

Wednesday - Tuscan White Bean Soup

Thursday - Crockpot Chicken Taco Chili

crockpot chicken taco chili

I've made this before, but not for a very long time. I'm excited to try it again. :)

Friday - Leftovers

Saturday - TBD

Since we'll be having soup a couple times this week, I couldn't resist these new bowls.

soup bowls menu planning

I'm linking up with Laura over at Mommy Run Fast. Go check out what everyone else is cooking up this week.

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

16 comments:

  1. Menu planning is a great goal! I'm drooling over the lasagna- I don't know when the last time is that I made it (or ate it for that matter). Need to add it to your menu post-detox!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bowls! I need to get back to menu planning. I have tonight covered with something simple, and am currently making homemade chicken broth that I will use tomorrow for chicken/bean/veggie soup, which should cover Monday and Tuesday. From there on, I'm a blank slate. Time to hit up Pinterest for some inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are very cute bowls! It looks like you are getting a great start to meal planning in 2014 with a delicious menu!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope it didn't make you too hungry. :) I don't mind the planning too much; it's the follow through I often have trouble with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait until you try the lasagna! It is ridiculous.
    Everything looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to make it tonight, but I'm moving it to tomorrow, because I didn't have a chance to brown the meat this morning. I'm super excited to try it, though!

      Delete
  6. Love those bowls! We are looking into new soup recipes. Are either of those bean soup recipes available online somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rose! Both recipes are on one image I found on Pinterest. Here's a link.

      Delete
  7. I didn't even know Crockpot Lasagna existed!! That sounds amazing. I wrote out my first weekly meal plan, though it's not nearly as creative. Hopefully it'll inspire me to try new recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just making a plan is key; it doesn't have to be creative. Sometimes when I get too creative, I fail because I don't ever feel like putting through the effort. LOL. :)

      Delete
  8. Oh yes! I can totally see that happening. I always try to bring a list - otherwise, it's really no good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the meal planning goal! I hope that means you'll be linking up with Laura and I the whole year :)

    The lasagna looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for 52 weeks of meals plans. :)

      Delete