Thursday, January 30, 2014

PIN IT PARTY + January Recap

I'd like to say that this month flew by! It didn't. It seemed kind of long, actually. To me, NYE seems soooo long ago. There were a lot of crazy changes at work along with the new year busyness that made this month really drag on.

Of course, there was a lot of good, fun things to happen this month, too!

Today was simply going to be a recap on the blog, but then I found out that Lindsay at The Lean Green Bean was hosting one of her Pin It Parties, and I thought it would be the perfect way to share my recap.

If you're stopping by for the party, I'm not offended if you just pin my pictures and skip over the recap. :)

I'm feeling really good about 2014 so far. I've done a pretty decent job sticking to my 2014 goals. Yay!

Individual Goals
My biggest individual goal was to blog smarter. I even organized a blogging calendar, and did pretty well sticking to it! I didn't miss a Mon, Tue, Fri, or Sun!! I'm especially proud of my Tuesday's Tips posts. In case you missed them, here are they again. Perfect for the Pin It Party! You can click on the picture to go to the original post.

Grow Instagram Audience

Apps to Maximize Instagram

How to Drink More Water

Adding Borders Background to Blockquotes

And not a Tuesday's Tip nor really related to my blogging goal, I made a delicious potato soup in the slow cooker.

Creamy Rosemary Potato Soup

That's it for my contribution the Pin It Party! Feel free to read the rest of my January recap OR go head over to the Pin It Party and check out some other fun pins.

And back to the recap...

My individual fitness goals didn't go quite as well as the blogging goals. :( Other than attempting to stick with my Sun & Moon Salutations Challenge, I took it rather easy. This was somewhat intentional to let my body fully recover from December's marathon before I start training for a couple of April races. February, I'll be hitting fitness hard again.

If you're doing my yoga challenge too, don't forget to enter to win a yoga mat from Barefoot Yoga! You've got 2 more days. :)

Goals with Jeff
The only time sensitive goal we made was to do or try something new each month. In January, we went to the Stratosphere. You can read about that here.

New in 2014

You could say that we're still in the planning stages on the rest of our goals. We still need to choose a triathlon, start reading, and come up with some ideas for New Things the rest of the year as well as Enriching Activities - cultural activities, outdoor activities, volunteering, and new restaurants - which could be new or things we've done before. I'm 99% sure our new thing in May will be SCUBA diving in the kelp forest off Catalina Island. So exciting!!

In January, we also bought a lot of yoga related items, including a yoga trapeze, which is simply a LOT of fun and seriously hard at the same time.

Yoga Trapeze

All in all, I'd say it was a pretty good month - even if our Sallie girl went in for surgery. :( She's doing much, much better it was less than a week ago but the recovery has been so hard on us to see her in pain and not her normal peppy self.

How was your January?

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

6 comments:

  1. yay! pinned both the instagram ones and the block quotes. thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Sallie recovers quickly:) Poor thing:( That yoga trapeze thing looks cool! I would probably fall on my face;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Sallie gets better soon and I want that yoga trapeze contraption, I could pretend to be Pink at the Grammy's except I can't sing, LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't sing either. :-( Need to look up that Pink video from the Grammy's since I didn't watch it. Love Pink!

      Delete