Monday, January 14, 2013

10 Random Movie Quotes

Well, Monday's nearly over, but I say there's still time for Monday Listicles, right? This week's topic comes to us from Ally at Just a Normal Mom. Seriously, if you're not reading her blog, you should be. She's got great stories. Plus, she's just all around awesome.

Anyway, she tasked us with 10 BEST MOVIE QUOTES. Or ten best movie moments. Or ten something movies.

I love watching movies, and I have lots of favorites, but I also have a terrible memory for things like movie quotes. And yeah, sometimes even details. I could watch the same movie a dozen times and not remember parts. *sigh*

My husband, on the other hand, is crazy good with movie quotes! I could probably very easily come up with a list of 100. I was going to ask for his help. In fact, I still might, but I'm going to TRY to make a list all on my own.

Here goes...

10 RANDOM MOVIE QUOTES

  1. "Whoa. Slippery little sucker."
  2. "Lubricant. There's always time for lubricant."
  3. "Thanks for breaking glass where my kids play."
  4. "You have a last name, Guy." "Do I? Do I, really?"
  5. "We stole the Statue of Liberty...! The small one, from Las Vegas!"
  6. "Nobody puts Baby in a corner."
  7. "I'm just sayin'. I want to cut the blonde one."
  8. "I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her."
  9. "Did you love your father?" "What?" "Your father? Did you love him?" "Yes, very much." "Prove it."
  10. "Well, maybe that's cause I just got hit in the head with the 10-lb ashtray!"

Wow! That was both easy and hard. I know I quote movies from time to time, but NOTHING was coming to me. I guess I'm more of an in-the-moment quoter. Something will remind me of a movie, and I'll throw out a quote. Jeff will almost always get the reference right away.

So, how did you do? I know some of these were *really* easy, but I'm interested to know how many you got right.

I wanted to do something really cool to impress you all reveal the answers. I mean, I think I spent a couple hours trying to figure something out, but nothing was working for me.

Instead, this is all I could come up with.









***keep scrolling for answers***







Answers
1. Pretty Woman
2. Evolution
3. Without a Paddle
4. Galaxy Quest
5. Despicable Me
6. Dirty Dancing
7. Fired Up
8. Notting Hill
9. Contact
10. Just Married

What's your all-time favorite movie quote?

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

10 comments:

  1. Oh man I only got 4! I am HORRIBLE at remembering quotes! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the thing about movie quotes is that if you don't often quote them, they are hard to remember. If that makes sense...

      Delete
  2. I got 3! I felt like I recognized a few others, but I couldn't quite remember. Great list! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica! I think some of these were kind of obscure.

      Delete
  3. I only got 2, but that's because I've only seen 3 of them. I'm trying to place the scene for #1 in Pretty Woman and I can't - guess I need to watch it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you do! :) Jeff didn't really get that one, either. In fact, he warned me that no one would recognize it. *shrug* When she's at a fancy dinner, one of her (whatever she's eating) flies across the restaurant, which prompts her to say this. It's a fun, cute scene.

      Delete
  4. I did not do super because I haven't seen most of those movies. Can you believe it? But I owned the Dirty Dancing one, though! Ellen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we have kind of a weird taste in movies sometimes. lol.

      Glad you at least owned the Dirty Dancing one. ;)

      Delete
  5. This is great. I love reading the quotes one after another, they make quiet a great story you know. It like one mad, funny paragraph about life ;)

    ReplyDelete