Thursday, January 31, 2013

3 Things

  1. On Tuesday, I got an email at work offering registration to run a 5K this Saturday.


    I quickly responded to sign me up. This is the same route as the Great Santa Run 5K back in December. As you know, one of my 2013 goals is to conquer a sub-25:00 5K, so as many 5Ks I can do the better. And free is always better. I know I'm still a long way from making this goal. Especially after yesterday's treadmill run. I doubt I'll even PR on Saturday, but every run gets me closer to my goal.


  2. Email subscriptions. Please offer them on your blog. About a year and a half ago, one of my favorite bloggers wrote a post about why she loves email subscriptions. I thought she was a little crazy at the time. Who would want so many emails clogging their Inbox? Still, I quickly added the option to my blog. Now that I've gotten much busier with work, and I don't have the luxury of reading blogs as often, I get so overwhelmed with my exploding Google Reader. In fact, I haven't even opened it for months! Instead, I've really embraced email subscriptions. I know there are a couple more that I wanted to subscribe to, so please, please offer it as an option. :-)


  3. Yesterday, I had a terrible headache all day at work. I'm swimming in numbers and crazy spreadsheets on top of my regular duties at work. It's a little overwhelming at times, and I think the stress is affecting me. No matter how bad my day is, though, my little Sallie girl always makes me smile.

border terrier

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

6 comments:

  1. That's awesome that you get to run the 5k free! I know you'll do great!
    That's so funny that you mention the email signup on blogs. I have thought that SO often. I'll read an awesome blog, but there is no email option, so I don't even follow.
    That was until a few days ago when I finally figured out how google reader works! I had seriously subscribed by email to probably 100 blogs, and was feeling so overwhelmed because I couldn't read them all, and I had all this unread mail clogging my inbox. So I decided it was time to figure out the google reader.
    I love it because I know everything is there ready for me to read, but I don't feel so pressured! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My work is one of the major sponsors, so they offered registration. I think only 4 people signed up. :(

      I only subscribe to emails of blog that I really love or feel connected, too. I leave Google Reader for more occasionally reading. I can definitely see how 100+ email subscriptions would get a bit unwieldy.

      Delete
  2. Good luck this weekend! My pups always make my day brighter:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sallie is adorable - love the sleepy bottom left one :)

    I'm so impressed you remembered that post! As I was reading, I was thinking, "hey, I did that once" and clicked over just to see. Ha! I do love the email option, though. Like you, I haven't opened my reader in months!

    ReplyDelete