Sunday, January 27, 2013

Changing it up

Every now and again, I get tired of the color scheme and design of my blog, so I take a day to change it up.

Here's a snapshot of what it looked like yesterday:



Obviously, I've changed the color scheme and the header image. My husband wasn't too crazy about the fonts on the new header, but I really liked it. What do you think? I also added a left sidebar to showcase how to follow me, awards/badges, plus some motivational pictures that I've created.

I like it for now, but I'll probably change it again in a few months. :-) I'd love your thoughts. Do you like it? Is it too cluttered with the new left sidebar?

You might have also notice that I've deleted all my Happy Moments. They're not really gone, I've just moved them to a new home.


I felt like these needed their own home because they were making my blog seem cluttered and overloaded. Plus, for the few of you that subscribe via email or RSS, I felt like you might be annoyed with the daily updates. If you would still like to be updated daily with my Happy Moment, you can subscribe via email here or RSS feed here.

My husband and I were up WAY too late last night. Me working on my blog redesign and him doing whatever. It's nearly 1pm now, and I need to go try to wake him up, so we can head out to enjoy the day. We're hoping to make it to a nearby wash to do some voluntary clean-up. The last time we were there, back in November, there was so much trash everywhere. We thought it would be a good little community service project, which is one of my goals for 2013.

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Do you do your own blog re-designs or hire someone else? I'm way too cheap to hire someone, so I do it myself. Plus, I never really know what I'll like until I play around with it.

What is your favorite way to serve in your community? As this is one of your goals, I'm always looking for new ideas.

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

6 comments:

  1. I give you props for doing your own design. I like the changes around here. I wish I could do my own but I'm scared to death I would mess something up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn. It takes a bit of patience, for sure. I always try to do a backup before I start playing around. Just in case. ;)

      Delete
  2. I love it, and I love the font too! I have to pay someone to do mine, because I am totally clueless when it comes to this! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, Katie! I think it's fun and spring-like. I'm certainly no expert, but I do know what I like and just futz around with it until I find it appealing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The header looks great! I like the green color throughout.

    ReplyDelete