Sunday, June 16, 2013

What's for Dinner? Week of 6/16

After picking up yesterday's Bountiful Basket, I was left a bit overwhelmed on how to use all the delicious produce we received. Pinterest to the rescue!

I spent hours yesterday searching for fun recipes to try out. Better than simply pinning the recipes, I decided to actually do a little menu planning as well. So, here's what I decided for dinners this next week. I hope everything turns out as delicious as these pictures! Be sure and stay tuned to my recipe blog to see how these turn out. I hope to share my version of each of these recipes over there.

Sunday - Black Bean Lettuce Wraps


Monday - Spinach-Pasta Toss


Tuesday - Mexican Lasagna


Wednesday - Butternut Squash and Spinach Strata


Thursday - Burritos (no pic)

Friday - Leftovers

Saturday - TBD

Obviously, I eat more than just dinner, so here are are few ideas for breakfast, lunch, and snacks.

Breakfasts - This morning I tried banana pancakes (recipe here), but I've really been on a smoothie kick lately.

Lunches - Salad and/or leftovers.

Snacks - Celery/carrot sticks. Fruit. Plantain chips with guac. Mint choc-chip cookie bars.

I hope to do some prep today, so that the weeknight meals are a bit easier and the snacks are ready to go.

Sunday prep:
  • Cook black beans (they already soaked overnight)
  • Roast butternut squash
  • Cut carrots and celery
  • Bake plantain chips
  • Bake cookie bars
  • Make dressing for salads

Looks like it's going to be a busy day. :-)

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

12 comments:

  1. Ooh, such a great idea to you pinterest. Everything looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura. I don't know what I did before Pinterest. :)

      Delete
  2. I love love love bountiful baskets and I love your meal planning! I am good at the planning part but so terrible at the execution of preparing dinner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such an awesome program! I've been eating so many more fruits and veggies, since we started with Bountiful Baskets.

      I'm generally terrible about meal planning, and then terrible about making dinner. I find a plan really does help. *fingers crossed*

      Delete
  3. I think I'm copying your menu for next week - sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great meal plan. Yay for Pinterest! I love lettuce wraps and re created teriyaki lettuce wraps after eating the ones at PF changs. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've never really had lettuce wraps, so I'm excited to try them. :)

      Delete
  5. Great meal plan! I love the variety of your meals. Pinterest is awesome for recipes to try. Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to know more about the baked plantain chips - sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, they didn't turn out nearly as good as I hoped. Maybe I cut them too thick? The ones that were crisp were burnt, and if they weren't burnt, they were a little bendy. The flavor was yummy, though! If I ever find myself with another plantain, I may give them another try.

      Delete