Saturday, June 1, 2013

Working It Recap:: May 24-31 + June Goals

Happy June, everyone!! 

I'm super excited to write this post, because I successfully completed the ENTIRE Sexy for Summer challenge! I'm pretty sure that's never happened before. I usually get distracted somehow or start making excuses, and for whatever reason, I end up quitting before the end of the challenge. But not this time!! Whoo hoo!!

I'm also super excited because I ran a sub-8:00 mile! I doubt I'd have been able to maintain that pace very much longer, but it felt so great to break that huge little barrier.

Unfortunately, the frowny faces made a strong appearance this final week of May. My legs were so tired from all those squats, that I just couldn't bring myself to bike to work. Now that my squat challenge is over, I hope to get back on the saddle on Monday.

Here's the final breakdown for May.

DateCardioSexy for SummerStrength TrainingCommute
Fri
5/24
155 squats
50 lunges
(3) 60 sec plank
Sat
5/25
145 squats
90 sec plank
WEEKEND
Sun
5/26
REST
9.6 Mile Bike Ride to pick-up
our Bountiful Basket
Mon
5/27
6.64 Mile Run165 squats
95 sec plank
MEMORIAL DAY
Tue
5/28
1 Mile Run175 squats
100 sec plank
Wed
5/29
1 Mile Run185 squats
110 sec plank
Thu
5/30
3 Mile Run190 squats
115 sec plank
Fri
5/31
1 Mile Run
(7:59!!!)
200 squats
120 sec plank

In other news, last Monday, I joined the Runner's World  Summer Run Streak Challenge. Basically run at least one mile every day from Memorial Day to Independence Day. I've made it 5 whole days so far. I hope to keep the streak alive! I've actually never streaked before, so please wish me luck!


So, as a recap of May, it was much better than April. :-)

Obviously, I successfully completed my Sexy for Summer challenge. I also did much better with my eating. We started participating with Bountiful Baskets, which has been quite helpful.

As for the running and biking, I feel like I did better in May, but there were definitely still some weeks where it was quite hit or miss. C'est la vie.

And for a couple goals for June...

1. Of course, I hope to continue streaking. ;-)

2. I'm going to try a push-up challenge. I'm opting for the beginner track to try to focus on doing them with proper form AND not on my knees.

3. ENJOY THE SUMMER! Spend time every weekend outside on the patio or at the pool.

How was your May? What are your goals for June?
Anything exciting planned for the summer?

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on completing the challenge and on your under eight! That's exciting!

    ReplyDelete