Saturday, June 8, 2013

Working It Recap:: June 1-7

One week into June, and it has been HOT here in Vegas. I guess I really shouldn't be surprised, but with temps over 100°F, it's been a bit difficult to stay motivated to keep up with my workouts.

But my Run Streak and Push-up Challenge are still going strong!! Woot woot!!

 




Here's the breakdown.

DateCardioPush-upsStrength TrainingCommute
Sat
6/1
1 Mile Run
5
WEEKEND
Sun
6/2
3 Mile Run
5YogaWEEKEND
Mon
6/3
1 Mile Run
7Triceps & Thighs
Tue
6/4
5K Run8
Wed
6/5
8.1 Mile Run 9
Thu
6/6
1 Mile Run10
Fri
6/7
1 Mile Run10

Sunday, I ran to Lululemon for their free yoga class. It was awesome! It was a great way to combine my run streak with yoga. Yay!! Yoga was difficult, but it felt so good to stretch and push myself. I'm hoping to go again tomorrow.

My running will be SLOW, of course, because I'm tired from the streak, but also the overnight low tonight is only 85.

Next week, I really hope to be able to include some strength training. I need to get a handle on going to bed on time, so I can get up early enough to get it in before work. The after work heat is killing me.

Biking to work, however, is not looking too promising, though....

How are your June workouts going?

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your workouts. It is starting to get pretty disgusting hot out here too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Abby! I hope I can stick with it throughout the summer.

      Delete
  2. Wow way to keep up with your runs and push ups even though it's hot! I need to start doing real push ups. Now that I am teaching bootcamp, it seems kind of lame for me to do them on my knees;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachelle. And, yes, it's time to get up off your knees. :-) lol.

      Delete
  3. 100* weather already?! Whoa, and I thought Texas had it bad. Way to go keeping up with you running and push ups. And I've always been curious about the free Lulu yoga classes. Maybe I should try one some day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Last week was bad with highs over 110*. It was tough. You should totally try the Lululemon yoga classes! Of course, I pretty much like anything that's free. :) The store close to me also has a run club, but sadly, it doesn't fit into my schedule.

      Delete