Sunday, June 30, 2013

What's for Dinner? Week of 6/30

This week, I'm going to try leftovers every other day, so that our fridge doesn't get out of control during the week. Nothing too creative on the menu this week. It's simply too hot to be creative about food right now. :-)

I'm loving my new toaster oven. It's like a magically mini oven that doesn't heat about the entire house and doesn't take nearly has long to cool down. I've definitely been putting it to good use!

And also, my slow cooker is pretty much a godsend.

Sunday - Enchiladas

Monday - Leftovers

Tuesday - Slow cooker pasta bake

Wednesday - Leftovers

Thursday - Leftovers/TBD
Not quite sure what our plans are for the 4th yet.

Friday - Butternut Squash and Spinach Strata
We'll give this another shot this week. 3rd time's a charm, right? Last week, I ran out of shredded cheese. :(


Saturday - Bean burritos

What are you eating this week?
How do you deal with cooking in the heat of summer

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

6 comments:

  1. I'm SO wishing I had a toaster oven right now. 85 inside my house - blech. (No air conditioning for us up here in the Pacific Northwest)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best. Purchase. Ever. Seriously, I wasn't sure how much I'd love it, but I'm so happy that we bought it a month or so ago.

      Delete
  2. A toaster oven is so helpful in the summer! I always think we'll end up with more leftovers than we do.. but both my husband and I take them for lunch, and we often don't have too much for dinners. But it's so nice when it works out that way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband used to hate leftovers, but he's beginning to embrace them. :) I usually take a salad for lunch and leave the leftovers for dinner.

      Delete
  3. I'm a big fan of leftovers. They make life easy during busy weeks. This week I'm having a lot of repeat recipes from last week. Too good not to :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't go wrong with repeat recipes - especially if they're ones you love. :)

      Delete