Sunday, June 23, 2013

What's for Dinner? Week of 6/23

Well, I did a fairly decent job of sticking to my menu plan for last week. And by that I mean, I stuck to it Sunday and Monday.

Tuesday night, we had to have huge salads because our salad mix was on its last legs.
Wednesday night, we went furniture shopping and stopped at Jack in the Box on the way home.
Thursday night, I made the Mexican Lasagna that was on the menu for Tuesday.

And then back on track for Friday and Saturday.

Saturday was kind of leftovers, but supplemented with brussel sprouts and mashed potatoes. So yummy!

So, let's see how well I do this week. :-)

Sunday - Grilled cheese sandwiches and steamed carrots
I have to go into work today, and I'm not sure how late I'll end up working, so I'm keeping it simple.

Monday - Leftover pasta bake
I made this several weeks ago and froze some for future use. Perfect!

Tuesday - Bean burritos
I've never posted the recipe before, but it's one of our tried and true dinners. Rice + Beans + Refried Beans = Yum!

Wednesday - Butternut Squash and Spinach Strata
We'll give this another shot this week. Not too hopeful Jeff will like it, but sometimes he surprises me.


Thursday, Friday, and probably Saturday - Leftovers
Between the burritos and the strata, I imagine we'll have at least 3 nights of leftovers ready to go.

We didn't get a Bountiful Basket this week. Probably not next week either. Instead we bought a crazy couch/sofa/recliner thing.


Dinners will be a bit boring for the next couple weeks as we eat out of the pantry instead trying fun new recipes with fun new veggies.

What are you cooking this week?

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

4 comments:

  1. I haven't had grilled cheese in forever. Sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'd gone MONTHS without having it, and then one day, I was like, We need to get some cheese slices for grilled cheese! We did, and now we have them all the time. :)Yum!

      Delete
  2. Ooh, yay for a new recliner! I have those menu planning weeks, where nothing gets made on the day it was planned for, and one or two meals get pushed back a week... but it's better than not planning. :)

    ReplyDelete