Sunday, January 1, 2017

Week in Review 1/1

Happy New Year!

It was a pretty quiet week between the holidays for me. It was nice to have a short week at work with Monday off for Christmas and a half day on Friday for New Years.

Unfortunately, I caught the cold that had been floating around the office on Thursday. Boooo! Hoping it doesn't last too long.

Week in Review - 12/11/16

Sunday, 12/25

One of my favorite holiday traditions is running the Las Vegas Strip on Christmas morning dressed in holiday colors - complete with a Santa hat. It's always such a fun time! This year was no different.


I ran about 6.75 miles, and it was delightful. It was a bit cold, but I warmed up nice enough once running. By the end, I really felt I could have kept going. Love runs like this. :-) #RWRunStreak Day 32.


Monday, 12/26

Just a quick mile with Sallie to keep the #RWRunStreak alive. Day 33.


Tuesday, 12/27

Back to predawn running for #RWRunStreak Day 34. Vacation is over and back to work today.
After running a mile, I did a workout in the Nike+ training app. It was a short, but very stretchy workout - exactly what I needed after 34 days of running and my long run on Christmas.


Wednesday, 12/28

#RWRunStreak Day 35. Nice 5k to start the day! Just took it nice and easy.
Average pace was 10'45".
Plus I love my new stripey pants. :)



Thursday, 12/29

I woke up at 2:30am with a terrible sore throat. :-( It was so hard to get back to sleep, and then it was so hard to get out of bed once I'd fallen back asleep. I was motivated by the fact that I only had to get through a day and half of work before the long holiday weekend.

One mile done before work. #RWRunStreak Day 36.

A Starbucks Cheer Party happened to be at the Starbucks closest to my work, so I snagged a free espresso drink with a couple coworkers. We had perfect timing! Plus, they overstaffed, so it didn't take long at all.

Manicure after work.

NYE Nails
🎆 fireworks 🎆


Friday, 12/30

Half day at work! I decided to put off my run until after work and run in the daylight! Unfortunately, I stopped at the grocery store and Starbucks on my way home. Work plus the pit stops really wiped me out. It was a real struggle to get out the door, but I finally hit the streets around 3:30pm. It was supposed to be speed work, but I just did a slow, easy mile with Sallie instead. #RWRunStreak Day 37.


Saturday, 12/31

Tough to get my butt out the door again today, but there was a Starbucks Cheer Party a few miles from my apartment, so I forced myself to run before getting my free tall espresso drink. I had moved my speed work from Friday to today, so I forced myself to push it a little bit. I didn't feel very fast, but my pace was still pretty much aligned with my goal pace. Go me!

Didn't do anything else the rest of the day! Just lounging and drinking lots of liquid. This cold will NOT get the better of me!


How was your week last week?
Did you do anything fun or special to ring in the New Year?


I'm linking up today with Tricia & Holly for the Weekly Wrap.

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

12 comments:

  1. How fun! Was it crazy running in LV? I'm sure you don't run the strip...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm one of those rare people who live pretty close to the Strip, actually, so I do run it several times a year. I love it! It's so much fun. I generally go pretty early, before the crowds are awake. :-)

      Delete
  2. Love it! I have found if you hit the strip by around 7:00 a.m., you can pretty much run the whole thing without a problem. The crowds are pretty sparse at that time of day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new striped pants! And those very creative fireworks nails! Running the LV strip on Christmas morning sounds like a fun and festive tradition. I hope you are feeling better now. Kudos for keeping the RW running streak alive. Thanks for linking, Clarinda! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Holly! You need a little imagination to know they are fireworks, but I kinda like how they turned out.

      The striped pants were a great find a Walmart. Less than $15. :-)

      Delete
  4. How fun running the Vegas strip on Christmas! Love your nails. Perfect for New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I kept waiting to see if this was a race in LV on the strip but no! How awesome is that you live close and get to do it anytime! I will one day, in a race that is!
    I love your nails! So pretty and very fitting for NYE!
    Love your pants too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want to run a race on the LV Strip, then you need to do Rock-n-Roll Las Vegas. It's the only race the shuts down the strip, and it's really an unforgettable experience!

      Delete
  6. I have similar striped tights from K-Deer. Love them! I also loved running on Christmas in red and green. Wish I'd had a Santa hat like you--so cute!

    ReplyDelete