Friday, November 8, 2013

It's About Time!

November 8: 5 minutes on the prompt: Time

The passage of time is so weird. It's finite and calculable, but there are days when time seems to drag and days when it seems to fly by!

When we're young, we want time to go so fast! We can't wait until that next big thing.

Same is true with adults. Sometimes. But it also seems that time goes by so much faster once we're older. No kids necessary.

The other day, I was thinking about my mom, and it occurred to me that she has now been gone longer than she was in my life. It struck me so odd how significant she was in my life for the first 17 years. It seems so hard to believe it's been nearly 19 years since she died.

I still miss her immensely.

And looking back at my time with her, it will always seem much longer and more significant than any other time in my life.

What do you think about time? Does it pass too quickly or too slowly?

Other ways to follow Enjoying the Course:
Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

8 comments:

  1. Sometimes weeks seem to go by so slowly but others go by quickly. I feel like since I have had kids, the time seems to fly by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time passes a little to quick mostly.
    But at times it gets very very slow..lol.
    Dread those times

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm sorry about your Mom & that you lost her so young. I do find now that time does fly by, now that I am older. Also if I'm doing something I hate, like going to the dentist, it goes by too slow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for your loss, I also lost my mom...it was 1989.

    ReplyDelete