Monday, November 4, 2013

Marathon Monday #14

I'm skipping the prompt for #Blogember today in favor of ...


Definitely wanted to do better last week, but sometimes you simply have to listen to your body.

The PlanThe Reality
Mon, 10/2822 with Sallie
Tue, 10/286
Hills
45 min yoga
Wed, 10/30REST6
Hill-o-ween
Thu, 10/317
Speed
REST
Fri, 11/1REST
REST
Sat, 11/22019
Sun, 11/3REST
REST
TOTAL35
27

Monday was SUPER windy, so I while I did get my run in, I skipped riding my bike.

Tuesday, I couldn't get to the treadmill. Gym was locked. So, I hit the yoga mat instead, and moved my hill workout to Wednesday.

Thursday, I was a mess, so I opted to make that a rest day. Friday turned into another rest day. I was still feeling sore and moving slow in the morning. I considered running after work and moving my long run to Sunday, but by the time I was heading home from work that no longer appealed to me. I probably should have done it anyway.

Instead I ate crap for dinner and stayed up WAY too late.

Needless to say, I didn't set myself up for a successful 20-miler. Not surprisingly, it turned into only 19 miles with LOTS of walking. I'm not beating myself up about the walking. It is what it is. I'm trusting my training, and I know I'll do better on Dec 7th.

In the meantime, I need to get my legs in check. My shins are kind of hurting me after Saturday's run, and my big toe is still a little tender. Good news is that my left quad seems to be better now. Here's to a week of massaging, icing, and hydrating!!

Up this week? This weekend is my last long run. I'm really hoping to prepare better during the week, so I can have a successful run on Saturday. After that, I have a super hilly half, and then it's TAPER time. A time I'm really looking forward to at this point. :)

How do you deal with minor aches and pains to prevent further injury?


Other ways to follow Enjoying the Course:
Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

2 comments:

  1. Im resty mcgee.
    whenever I feel ANY PAIN.
    but Im a nervous misfit that way :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing wrong with that! I'm a firm believer in resting, but it's HARD when I've got a half in less than two weeks, and my marathon in 5. Yikes!

      Delete