Monday, November 25, 2013

Marathon Monday #17


I think you'll really be pleased with my training last week.
I know I am. :)

The PlanThe Reality
Mon, 11/1822
Tue, 11/194
Hills
4
Wed, 11/20RESTREST
Thu, 11/215
Speed
5
Fri, 11/22REST
REST
Sat, 11/2315REST
Sun, 11/24REST
15
TOTAL26
26

I GOT IN ALL MY MILES!!!

I decided to skip the hills and speed work after the previous weekend's killer half marathon. My legs needed some rest + the marathon course isn't very hilly + it's the start of taper = easy running.

Last weekend was so dreary outside. I've really become a huge sunlover. When the sun doesn't come out to play, neither does Clarinda apparently. :( I went to bed early Friday night. Slept in late(r) on Saturday. Got up for a few hours and went back to bed for a few hours long nap. Lounged around the rest of the afternoon, and then hit the hay early Saturday night. Guess my body really needed some REST!

I probably would have had much more energy on Saturday if 1) the sun was bright and shiny and 2) if I'd just gone for a run.

Usually I'm tired after a long distance run, but it's a different kind of tired.

The kind that pumps you up. :-)

My 15 miles on Sunday were long and a little boring - despite my music. I wasn't really feeling it, but I kept plugging along. I kept thinking about how great it was going to be at the marathon when I'll have a running partner. Can't wait to meet you, Katie!

I know I'll need someone there to keep pushing me. To help me forget how many more miles there are. Someone to distract me so that the miles really fly by.

If you've been following along my Marathon Mondays since August, you'll know that I skipped quite a few weeks of training and my longest run was only 19 miles, of which I walked most of the final 6. I definitely could have done better.

Saturday, we watched a trailer for Ender's Game. The following quote really resonated with me.


So, while my training wasn't stellar by far, I know I'm ready enough.

Bring. It. On.

Up this week? The taper continues. My right lower leg has been a bit wonky today, so I think there will be a lot of stretching and rolling and icing along with my short(er) runs this week.

How does the weather affect you and your workouts?


Other ways to follow Enjoying the Course:
Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting all your miles in! I think that quote is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm behind on my reading, but IT'S ALMOST HERE!! I know I'm supposed to be tapering, but today I'll be doing 16. I haven't done a long run since the Chicago Marathon, almost 2 months ago! So I'll need your motivation just as much as you need mine. But I have no doubt we can do it!! Love the quote you posted.

    ReplyDelete