Saturday, November 2, 2013

Walking is OK

I'm a little late getting my second post of #Blogember up, but better late than never, right? :)

November 2: Favorite inspiring quote


This afternoon, I went for a 20-mile run. It was beyond tough. I was tired and sore practically from head to toe. I wanted to quit. I even considered calling Jeff to come pick me up.

But I didn't.

One of my favorite inspiring quotes usually helps me through a difficult run.


As I shifted from running to walking, this quote lost some of it's powerfulness. Turns out maybe that voice was right.

But then, of course, I remembered another favorite.


And at that point, I became perfectly OK with walking the final three miles. I was still OUT there. I was still preparing for my marathon. I was still doing good for myself.

I was still lapping all those suckers at home, AND I was still earning bragging rights.

Because isn't that at least a part of why we run. LOL.

What's one of your favorite inspiring quotes?

For more quotes that I find inspiring, feel free to follow my Quotations board on Pinterest.


Other ways to follow Enjoying the Course:
Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

4 comments:

  1. wow! great job and great attitude! I am doing blogember too! Excited to see that you are doing it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lea! The blogging challenge has been fun so far. Let's see how well we do. :)

      Delete
  2. I was wondering how your 20 went. I always have to tell myself walking is ok too.
    Any idea what went wrong? Were you eating and drinking enough? Did you just get tired?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I blame Friday. I stayed up way too late, and didn't eat a very good dinner. I hadn't hydrated very well the days leading up to Saturday. I was fueling and drinking enough during the run, but yes, I did get very tired. :(

      Delete