Tuesday, November 19, 2013

My First Job

In case you missed them, check out what I did this weekend - A fabulous half marathon and The RnR Vegas expo.

Today, let's join back up with A Happy Girl's Blobember challenge. I've missed a few days along the way. **sigh**

November 19: First job


When I was a teenager, my step-dad owned a Bait & Tackle store. My first job was working there. I stocked shelves and issued a LOT of fishing and hunting licenses.

Occasionally, I had to scoop out minnows. Gross. I always tried to get someone else to do that part.

I did love manning the cash register, though. :)

And sometimes I'd get to sneak a candy bar. With permission, of course.

It was across the street from a Hardee's (which turned out to be my 2nd job) and a gas station. It was also a short walk from the elementary school and the high school. Even when I wasn't working, I would often head there after school instead of taking the bus home - especially, if I had to stay after school for this club or that.

Probably the largest bait store in our small-ish fishing community, let's just say it got SUPER busy during opener weekend and summers. It was pretty busy for hunting season as well.

Looking back now, it was actually pretty fun.

What was your first job?


Other ways to follow Enjoying the Course:
Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad

3 comments:

  1. Amazing. Working at that bait and tackle shop was also my first job. Though I did like scooping minnows and catching the shiners. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool! My first job was cleaning out the bird aviaries at local nursing home.

    Lora @ Crazy Running Girl

    ReplyDelete